Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2013 USPSA Revolver Nationals

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like 8 GM, 10 Masters, 14 A, 27 B, 22 C, 4 D and 30 Unclassified for 115 total.

Pretty good showing.

The Single Stack has 9 GM, 34 M, 45 A,86 B, 114 C, 25 D, and 61 Unclassified for 374.

I got on the 1911 website today [as they are administering the Revo Nats the day after the SS Nats]. At this point, still stuck at 115 on the list, including 8 GMs.

Special category listings include 2 Juniors, 26 Seniors, 8 Super Seniors, and 8 Ladies.

Fifty-nine days to go!

Edited by professor

Good Afternoon,

The counts are sure to change before the match. Joanna and I shot a special six classifier stage match March 2nd, but they were not able to send the payment in time for the March classifier update.

I feel pretty confident that I moved up to A and Joanna will probably end up in C, from unclassified. She had a good run going but on one of the Fluffy's (the one with the full size poppers), one popper required two hits to fall. It was later calibrated when another shooter complained. The way she shot most of the stages, I thought she might pull out a B.

We will see how the counts stack up after April 15. Hopefully, the match is full by then as well!

Revolver Shooter, want to get a Major in before the Nationals?

http://www.uspsaindiana.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=55&Itemid=67

other info and stages

http://www.wrpclub.org/2013inuspsassprodrev.html

current online squadding for the 2013 Indiana SS/Prod/Rev Championship

http://www.uspsa.org/squadding/index.php?action=list&indx=243

Prod

A= 4

B= 4

C= 10

D= 5

GM= 1

M= 3

U= 6

Rev

A= 5

B= 5

C= 2

D= 1

M=

U= 1

SS

A= 9

B= 17

C= 21

D= 5

M= 1

U=8

Match is filling up, Saturday is almost full. Still have room on Sunday. SS and Rev shooters get in a major before the SS/Rev Nationals

Looks like there may be 30 in B class, Bwana......My wife, Sharon and I are considering shooting Revolver Nationals. We have friends who own a two story, 4 bedroom home/hunting lodge about 9 miles from the range that I've stayed at each Fall and Spring for archery, muzzleloader, and turkey season, where we can stay for the Revolver Nationals match at no charge. We've been busy with her earning her NRA Certified Firearms Instructor Certificate on February 28 and getting her classified last weekend in L-10 and Production for the upcoming Mississippi Classic. I've hunted the Barry-Pittsfield, IL area and shot the Drazy 500 there in 2009 and have several friends in Pike County, so many in fact it's hard to go to town just to get supplies without running into them and visiting for several hours, one friend after another. We may even go up early to turkey hunt and shoot the match, then head back home. I've got 3 S&W 686's cut for moon clips and two Speed-E-Racks for them. I shot Revolver last weekend at EAPS in Gonzales, my first USPSA revolver match since the 2011 Memphis Charity Challenge and I am planning to shoot the revolver at theTeam Magnolia match in April to prepare in case we do make the Revolver Nationals match. At 115 competitors now and I'm sure like every Memphis Charity Challenge Match a few have last minute unplanned changes that cause them to not be able to attend, there should be slots available although I would like to see Revolver Nationals slots filled. Hopefully we will see you all there!

Edited by ScottW

Looks like 9 GM, 10 Masters, 15 A, 27 B, 21 C, 4 D and 28 Unclassified for 114 total.

Pretty good showing.

The Single Stack has 9 GM, 34 M, 45 A,86 B, 114 C, 25 D, and 61 Unclassified for 374.

• 2 weeks later...

Talked to Kathy a week ago and she said it had hit 117, then had 1 cancellation. So it was 116, and that matches the count on the website.

FWIW I'll bet walk ons will be accepted, they seem to be supporting the Revo heavily.

Looks like there may be 30 in B class, Bwana......My wife, Sharon and I are considering shooting Revolver Nationals. We have friends who own a two story, 4 bedroom home/hunting lodge about 9 miles from the range that I've stayed at each Fall and Spring for archery, muzzleloader, and turkey season, where we can stay for the Revolver Nationals match at no charge. We've been busy with her earning her NRA Certified Firearms Instructor Certificate on February 28 and getting her classified last weekend in L-10 and Production for the upcoming Mississippi Classic. I've hunted the Barry-Pittsfield, IL area and shot the Drazy 500 there in 2009 and have several friends in Pike County, so many in fact it's hard to go to town just to get supplies without running into them and visiting for several hours, one friend after another. We may even go up early to turkey hunt and shoot the match, then head back home. I've got 3 S&W 686's cut for moon clips and two Speed-E-Racks for them. I shot Revolver last weekend at EAPS in Gonzales, my first USPSA revolver match since the 2011 Memphis Charity Challenge and I am planning to shoot the revolver at theTeam Magnolia match in April to prepare in case we do make the Revolver Nationals match. At 115 competitors now and I'm sure like every Memphis Charity Challenge Match a few have last minute unplanned changes that cause them to not be able to attend, there should be slots available although I would like to see Revolver Nationals slots filled. Hopefully we will see you all there!

Don't waste a dollar waiting on a dime! There are 4 slots left as of today. You are either in or you are out.

I guess this is a good a place as any to ask . Is anybody else shooting SS and Revo with the same ammo? Or do you load specific for both? My SS is about 35 fps faster than my revo. My current plan is to just take 800 rounds loaded the same . I am currently making 169.5 PF in roundgun and 177 PF in 1911.

Just curious what others are doing.

I load ammo to 175PF for .45. This ensures that you will make major in a Revo or the Singlestack gun.

I am now officially a sponsor/vendor for the SSC nationals/Revo Nationals. I got enough components in that I will be able to have the Following:

45 230 JHP

45 230 FMJ fed primer

45 230 FMJ cci primer

45 230 LRN cci primer

40 SW 180 FMJ cci primer

40 SW 180 LRN cci primer

I have not gotten in any 9mm 147s, so I cannot reliably state that I will have any.

Email me if you or friends need ammo for the match. I am limiting it to 300 rounds per competitior at this time and if I have any left over it will be available at the match.

See you there......

DougC

I guess this is a good a place as any to ask . Is anybody else shooting SS and Revo with the same ammo? Or do you load specific for both? My SS is about 35 fps faster than my revo. My current plan is to just take 800 rounds loaded the same . I am currently making 169.5 PF in roundgun and 177 PF in 1911.

Just curious what others are doing.

For what it is worth, I load the same thing for revolver and/or my 1911. The only thing I do different is use a dedicated batch of brass for the revolver for big matches. Local matches I use whatever brass i have, but the same load, 3.9 Clays and a 230 gr. Precision bullet.

As an interesting note, I have found both of my 5" 625's to be approximately 80 FPS FASTER than the 5" 1911 I'm working with. This is loaded with Tight Group powder, Federal primers and is applicable to both lead and jacketed 230 grain RN bullets. I was going to shoot .45 for both to save the need for different loads for each type of gun. Looks like I will have to load separate for each anyway. I wouldn't mind having the auto be too hot but want the revo to be close as I hate the recoil at 165 pf, never mind 185 PF!

I don't understand this and have tested it many times assuming I had made a mistake, but so far those results seem correct.

I'm almost ready to just shoot minor 6 to reduce the beating I take. I hope they do the damn 8 minor thing. Hell, I'd probably even take 7 minor over 6 major if it were a real choice.

Rob,

I have a load you might try with 230 ball, 4.2 or so of vv310, fed 150. I have shot it out of 4, 5 and 6 inch guns, the load seems to stay very close to 166 to 168 PF and clean. Empties come out with ease. Let my know how or if you like it should you try it. BTW it's no where near as hot as Tight Group on the hand after 18 rounds.

Watch the VV310 with federal primers. Once you get up to over 170 PF you will need to switch over to WInchester or CCI primers. I will say that using small primer brass takes away that issue. Running CCI small pistol primers shows no pressure signs at 175-180 PF.....

Rob, a 170-175 PF load with CLAYS or VV 310 is softer than Titegroup IMHO.... :ph34r: , and doesnt get the gun as hot either..but I assume that you already know that.

I end up loading the ammo to 175PF so it will run in either REVO or auto and make PF....

DougC