Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Scale Calibration

I bought an ibalance 201 scale from you a couple weeks ago. (Just starting to get into reloading by the way.)I tried out the scale with the 200g weight included to "play" with it to see how accurate it is. With the weight it reads 200.06 give or take a .01, never more then 200.07 or less then 200.05. Is that anything to be concerned about? Are those weights that precise? Is everything within "specs/tolerance" ? Do I need to factor in any "error" when it comes to weighing powder?

Really like the look and function of the scale by the way.

Edited by southsgt

That weight is for calibrating the unit not to play with. Your scale is designed to weigh up to 200G. You need to check the calibration and set the scale to grains. I assume that's what you got it to measure. That is a very accurate scale. After calibration recheck using a smaller weight. You should buy a small set of weights to check your accurracy. Here's the link for recalibration instructions from Brian's store.

http://www.brianenos.com/dnld/behp_calibration.pdf

Have fun.

Edited by Youngeyes

Thanks for the advice. Plugged it in and went through procedure in the manual exactly. Got a reading of 200g even. Guess I didn't do that from the beginning. Will get some more weights in the future to "play" with to check its accuracy from time to time.

That's for the link Youngeyes! And good timing, because I just added that link to that page last Friday. (After a customer called and said he wanted to recalibrate his scale, but he'd lost the manual.)

And glad to hear you got 'er dialed in southsgt.

be

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.