Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lens Color

jnshapiro

Red lens virtually all of the time. Can't say that I've ever felt like I was squinting and our bays are oriented so you're looking right into the sun in the morning. Shoot a red fo and I feel like I see it well but all the comments about red lens/ green sight combo has me thinking I'll try it next weekend

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rudy Laser Red lenses are great for the above situations. They tend to cut through the haze and just make everything nice and sharp. As the light gets brighter during the day though, I'll switch out to a smoke or Blue reflective lens (forget the name of it). It definitely keeps things crystal clear and trims down the brightness substantially.

I just try to have my eyes relaxed with whatever level of tint I'm going for. When it's bright or gray out, your eyes (at least to me) seem to be working "too" hard to find targets and focus them. By finding the right level of tint, your eyes can relax and as such pick up objects more quickly.

I figured this out on the range, but verified since the job change on board Blackhawks. Yeah we have our visors, but I like the air on my face so most times it's visor(s) up and Rudy's on.

Rich

I shoot open so I would want the dot to pop does the red Rudy wash out the dot more or help enhance the dot??

I have the Oakley red lenses and shoot open and have no trouble picking up the dot. I wear that lens in all conditions.

Thats what I heard but just hate to spend the $$ and it don't look like I would like ...There is a shooter I see about every other match that has the red tint might want to see if I can take a look at them

Yeah pricey for sure. They have good price breaks for active and retired military, police or fire/Ems. I got the kit with grey, red, yellow and clear I love them. Much better than my Costa sunglasses. Less fogging and bigger field of view.

• 7 months later...

I have been using some Oakleys for 5-6 years and are scratched to hell due to abuse. I then switched to Smiths which I love. I would use their clear lens almost always. I loaned them out at the range and now they "Dissapeared" so I am back to the oakleys. Does anyone use polarized lenses?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...