Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Versa Pouch mated to ELS?

Morphire

I picked up a few Safariland certificates from some prize tables and turned them into a belt, 6 ELS and 1 QLS. I'm trying to see if anyone has repurposed their CR Speed versa pouches for use with the ELS attachments. So far it looks fairly straight forward in needing to do a bit of drill and dremel for the t-nuts, but before I started in on them I figured I'd check to see what others have done, if anything.

Thanks!

• 7 months later...

We've done it and it looks neatly modified. I took photos of the pouches for a friend. I'll repost later when I can have them in hand. The other half is shooting a classifier match. It's his rig. He bought the 1911 inserts and uses the versa pouch for single stack too.

We've done it and it looks neatly modified. I took photos of the pouches for a friend. I'll repost later when I can have them in hand. The other half is shooting a classifier match. It's his rig. He bought the 1911 inserts and uses the versa pouch for single stack too.

That would be much appreciated! I'd like to get a look at how it's setup because these pouches are pretty pricey to mess up. :)

Alright. NO drilling. Now that I have it in hand. We used the same hole that is on the versa pouch, where the belt attachment was formerly, to attach the fork. You just need long enough screws and a washer that fits perfectly within the forks recess. It won't let me attach a photo (too large).

Ah ok. I think I see how you did it. So the trick will be to find long enough screws to attach to the fork, but not so long that they extend too far and interfere with the fork sliding in and out of the ELS slot. Sound about right?

Makes sense. Since it's only attached with one screw, do you have any issues with the pouch rotating? I know the serrated washer on the back of the versa pouch should help with that, but have you noticed any problems with it rotating at all under hard use?

No problems. It's pretty solid and better than what the original versa pouch Allen head provided.

No problems. It's pretty solid and better than what the original versa pouch Allen head provided. Spell correct. Ground any excess ....

Edited by Locomotion