Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Single Stack 2011

mark carr

Anybody tried the new single stack grip for the 2011 should be nice I would like to shoot my 40 with just a grip change.http://shop.1911parts.com/STI-2011-Grip-Composite-Single-Stack-Black-2011-grip-ss-black.htm

Is it legal? More importantly, if you're trying to take your 2011 and shoot SS with it, the gun will have to be legal.

I just don't see the point. If you have a 2011, you're going to be shooting Limited 10/Limited or Open. If you want to shoot SS, I would think your best bet would be to pick up an STI Spartan/Trojan.

Edited by polizei1

I'm thinking that I've read somewhere in this forum, that the combination of a 2011, that accepts single stack magazines isn't legal for single stack division. :surprise:

I can't get the link to work on my phone. I never have seen te point though. It's not legal in any game that would make sense. If you have a limited gun you can shoot it in limited. If you have SS mags you prob have a SS.

it only makes sense for a game like the PSA shootout, where all guns are 10 rounds all day no matter what. And even then, only if you don't already have a few 140s but already have the SS mags in the same caliber. But then you would probably have that SS gun, so I see no real point?

I'm confused :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :blink:

Wait, what?

"Includes a factory-installed, checkered composite mainspring housing that matches the grip color. Mainspring housing not included."

Maybe it means the main housing pin?

it only makes sense for a game like the PSA shootout, where all guns are 10 rounds all day no matter what. And even then, only if you don't already have a few 140s but already have the SS mags in the same caliber. But then you would probably have that SS gun, so I see no real point?

I'm confused :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :blink:

If you shoot a 2011 and would like your .22 to have the same grip it would make sense. There a larger availablity of good single stack .22 mags at half the cost of TS mags.

Hello: I bought one of the old style 2011 grips with the spacers. I plan on using it for a 22 conversion using single stack mags. I guess I could use it for a 45 and Limited 10 also since I have lots of single stack 45 mags. Thanks, Eric

IMO, it does not meet this requirement. (Probably need to check with Gary or DNROI)

Special conditions:

— Only 1911 production type pistols. Must be available to the general public and have their basis in the original 1911 service pistol as designed by John M. Browning. Pistols made from components that duplicate the factory originals are acceptable. Frames must be metal.

I think it only makes since to be legal in single stack look how many guys that would give it a try if all they had to do is throw a grip on there limited gun and buy some magazines.

Unfortunately, that's not hte way the rulebook is written.

The use of the single stack grip won't pass the rules as they are for now. THe rules stated the frame must be metal and it must be the same demension as a 1911. I have a single stack grip for one pistol and use it with a Marvel Conversion. It is awesome for use on shooting steel and just a lot of fun to play with.

Beauxdog

NRA-Life

L-2311