Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dumb ICORE equipment question

OK, this is a stupid question, But, I'm thinking about shooting ICORE. I am a IDPA SSR/EX and I know that my IDPA gear is legal if I have a 120+ pf load. Would a 6 inch Ruger GP-100 shooting .38 Long Colt loads at 120+ PF also be a legal gun? The Rules I have been able to glean from the Internet say yes... but I would like to know before I set up the gun & loads.

Thanks..

OK, this is a stupid question, But, I'm thinking about shooting ICORE. I am a IDPA SSR/EX and I know that my IDPA gear is legal if I have a 120+ pf load. Would a 6 inch Ruger GP-100 shooting .38 Long Colt loads at 120+ PF also be a legal gun? The Rules I have been able to glean from the Internet say yes... but I would like to know before I set up the gun & loads.

Thanks..

Sure, if you are using your speedloaders you can shoot it in the new "Clasic" division. You could also shoot it in "Limited" where 8 shooters and moon clips are allowed but I would stick to "Clasic" if using speedloaders. No ports or optics allowed in "Clasic" and "Limited" and only factory barrels.

Thanks..

Sure, if you are using your speedloaders you can shoot it in the new "Clasic" division. You could also shoot it in "Limited" where 8 shooters and moon clips are allowed but I would stick to "Clasic" if using speedloaders. No ports or optics allowed in "Clasic" and "Limited" and only factory barrels.

Thanks Gregg. That's one of the things I love about this forum. You can get a quick & clean answer from a knowledgeable shooter real fast! It seems we only have one ICORE club in FL at the moment, but I know the MD from IDPA time, and the facilities are real good. I'll have to get down there and shoot. Revos do rock! Love 'em. It's bveen years since I've shot a 6 inch in competition. But ICORE seems to be pretty accuracy oriented... based upon the targets and scoring Rules I have read... so I'll set up the 6 inch.

Any idea where I can find a ICORE legal Kydex holster for a 6 inch GP-100? I run Blade tech with my IDPA rig, but it doesn't seem like they make a holster for a 6 inch GP-100. (Yes, I like GP-100s).

Any advice & contacts would be appreciated.

Thanks

Chris, I shot an ICORE match at CFRPC last Sunday. What a blast! The Aug match has been cancelled, but the Sept match on the 23rd is still on. This weekend there is an USPSA Classic match for revolvers and single stack at CFRPC. Join us!

Mike... gotta miss the Classic this Sunday... but will do the IDPA 5 Aug match with my Pro Arms buds. May be a while after that before I shoot again... medical stuff. But, I have shot ICORE a few times in years past and am looking forward to doing it again. Dick V puts on a good match and... revos are JUST FUN!

Chris K... thanks for the note on Blade Tech... I'll call them and ask. Volusia? ICORE? I thought that the only club in FL running ICORE at the moment was CFRPC in Orlando. If I'm wrong, PLEASE let me know. Volusia is closer to me than Orlando... I can be there.

GOF -

The rulebook has information about equipment, but almost everything is fair game for holsters. 120 power factor is NOT with the "IDPA tip back" but the chronograph procedure is different than IDPA.

GOF -

The rulebook has information about equipment, but almost everything is fair game for holsters. 120 power factor is NOT with the "IDPA tip back" but the chronograph procedure is different than IDPA.

Thanks. ICORE will be a new game with familiar gear, so I'll learn it as I go. I'm looking forward to it. IDPA is getting 'a bit old' with revolvers. Nobody seems to want to play, and there's not many more than a dozen or so SSR shooters scattered around the country who will really make you sweat at a match. I'm looking forward to a new level of competition.... that's one of the reasons I shoot in compeition... it makes you reach deeper and dig harder to be better.

The main thing on the holster is that it covers the triggerguard when holstered. ICORE is the only game I know that will allow Uncle Mike's. :sight: later rdd

Chris,

I run a 6" K frame and had the same holster issues when I started.

Best bet is to have Hogue build you a Power Speed - they'll likely need your gun but turnaround is fast.

Next best is a CR Speed which you can adapt to fit your GP or any other K,L, or N framed revolver up to a 6.5" bbl.

The Blade Tech DOH option is also good. You can hack-up customize it to your hearts content as long as the trigger is covered and the gun will stay put when you move.

You can shoot any ICORE Division with speedloaders. You can also have your cylinders cut for moonclips and be a little more competitve in Limited or Open.

I'm sure the irony of having to "power-up" your IDPA loads for ICORE will not be lost on you.

Craig

Hey Craig,

Thanks for the tips. I've already got the DOH Blade Tech on the way, so I'll see how that works... but I'll darn sure keep your advice in mind.

And yeah...powering up my IDPA loads??... Hey, Bro... you and I know that most of the educated shooters were running 115-120 PF (closer to 120 in my case) anyway.... but the TOTALLY COOL thing is that only one chamber out of six has to toss that 158 grain slug at 760 fps.... like most revo shooters, I've figured out I've got a couple of fast cylinders... so ICORE chrono will be a snap.

Hope to see ya at a ICORE match somewhere along the line. Always enjoy seeing you, even though you smoke me every time! BTW... are you shooting 2013 FL State in SSR? If not, I might. Let me know. The only reason I didn''t shoot SSR in 2012 was 'cause I figured you'd be there. You weren't!!! A missed oportunity for me.

Chris

Edited to get the right dates, due to brain fade on 1st try.

Edited by GOF