Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Having pets!

steel1212

I Stood By Your Bed

I stood by your bed last night, I came to have a peep.

I could see that you were crying, You found it hard to sleep.

I whined to you softly as you brushed away a tear,

"It's me, I haven't left you, I'm well, I'm fine, I'm here."

I was close to you at breakfast, I watched you pour the tea,

You were thinking of the many times your hands reached out to me.

I was with you at the shops today, Your arms were getting sore.

I longed to take your parcels, I wish I could do more.

I was with you at my grave today, You tend it with such care.

I want to reassure you that I'm not lying there.

I walked with you towards the house, as you fumbled for your key.

I gently put my paw on you, I smiled and said "it's me."

You looked so very tired, and sank into a chair.

I tried so hard to let you know that I was standing there.

It's possible for me to be so near you everyday.

To say to you with certainty, "I never went away."

You sat there very quietly, then smiled, I think you knew ...

In the stillness of that evening, I was very close to you.

The day is almost over... I smile and watch you yawning

and say "goodnight, God bless, I'll see you in the morning."

And when the time is right for you to cross the brief divide,

I'll rush across to greet you and we'll stand, side by side.

I have so many things to show you, there is so much for you to see.

Be patient, live your journey out ... then come home to be with me.

Author unknown

Thats Great! I shared that a lot this morning!:)

That was given to me when I lost my male Collie some time ago. This one is my all time favorite that I have shared many times and gave to my Daughter when her Corgi died, This one sums up my beliefs on pets.

=============================================================================================

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown..

=========================================

My best to you and someday we will meet on the other side of the bridge.

Wow, now I have tears... Very nice, I too have had the joy and the hurt but the memories, are still there, I remember them all even when I forget where I put my keys, I remember my fur friends.....Sorry for your loss.

• 7 years later...

Sorry for disturbing this thread, but I've just found it and decided to add my answer. I love animals and I've been living with pets for all my life. Unfortunately, my dog passed away last month. But I still have a cat. She is about 13 years old, so she is not a young lady too. I should say, it is important to take care of the pets in a proper way. I give my cat all necessary meds and vitamins (by the way, Pet Express is a great source to buy them at lower prices). Also I regularly take her to a vet clinic. Do you give vitamins to your pets? Please, share your experience.