Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Muller Choke tubes

sideshowbob

Seen them used in Sporting Clays usually on Krieghoff's (maybe a factory choke option?). Haven't heard anything negative about them nor anything saying they're magic but I would be concerned shooting slugs out of them for 3 gun and they are quite $.

If 3 gun is the use you have in mind i'd give them a call and make sure they're approved for use with slugs. I was unsure of a Briley Titanium and called them and after a short discussion they said it was o.k. but not o.k. for steel shot.

Last time I checked with Muller they weren't doing their chokes for the Benelli Crio thread pattern I wanted yet(looks like they finally are). They also didn't recommend them for 00 buck or slugs. ....but for $75 and with a lifetime warranty it may be worth a shot :devil: I really would like to try one if they did work with buck and slugs. My Briley Titanium is working great though.

I sent off another email about shooting 00 Buck and slugs through a Muller and received this very promising and prompt reply.

"Hi. We have a Waterfowl choke for your Crio+ coming out first week of September that will shoot slugs AND Buckshot very well. Please do not shoot them thru my aluminum chokes because they will swell and get tight in your barrel due to extreme outward forces.

Jim Muller"

I am looking forward to getting one of the new Muller Waterfowl chokes in a month or so. $75 is less then my Briley Titanium and to me worth a try.