Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bump to open from single stack?

mikegot38

fair call but explain rule so all can learn.

Hmmm... Where to begin.

5.2.4 During the course of fire, after the start signal, unless stipulated otherwise in the stage procedure, spare ammunition, magazines and/or speed

loading devices shall be carried in retention devices attached to the

competitor's belt and specifically designed for that purpose. Unless

specifically prohibited in the Written Stage Briefing, a competitor may

also carry additional magazines or speed loading devices in apparel

pocket(s) and retrieve and use them without penalty, providing that the

USPSA Handgun Rules, June 2010 Edition • 1920 • USPSA Handgun Rules, June 2010 Edition

location of the apparel pocket does not violate the requirements of

Appendix D, Item 12 (subject to the provisions of Rule 6.2.5.1).

6.2.5.1 However, if a competitor fails to satisfy the equipment or other

requirements of a declared Division during a course of fire, the

competitor will be placed in Open Division, if available, otherwise the competitor will shoot the match for no score.

Appendix E3

NROI RULING

http://www.uspsa.org/uspsa-NROI-ruling-details.php?indx=55

Edited by Sarge

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm failing to see how moving a straight u or even an uncarded shooter from single stack to open for the "advantage" of fishing one extra mag from his front jeans pocket serves the sport the shooter or his competitors. If a rule applies too one it applies to all.

I also would like to throw a bucket of reality on those who say similar shooters are not serious about our sport. They are new, they may not know all the restrictions of the division they are shooting in or even have enough of certain items yet. It is incumbent uppon all of us to grow this sport. Trash talking our new shooters should earn someone a quick reminder of 10.6.1 and if they continue after their dq then 10.6.2 I have not read any trash talking. If you come to shoot a match you should have a general understanding of the rules. Not just for your division but for all rules. Where does the "give a new guy a break" thing stop? I have DQ'd new shooters for seemingly trivial violations. I hated it but I owed it to the rest of the shooters. If a guy who is truly a new shooter gets bent out of shape because he gets bumped to Open what is he going to do when he sweeps himself and gets DQ'd? Only one guy that I can recall who I issued a DQ, never returned to a match. He broke the 180 by just a fraction. Should I have given him 190-200 degrees since he was new? I don't think so.

That last part may sound harsh but we ARE serious about our sport. New shooters need a match or two to catch the bug without any bad impressions from trash talk.

My very first match I was just as serious about USPSA as I am now. That's why I probably looked like a total newb when I verified a lot of the commands from the RO. I asked a million questions during the match and read the rulebook for months before my first match. I KNEW I could be DQ'd for doing the wrong thing and I made every effort to prevent it.

To me that is serious about any sport.