Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My favorite quote from my wife.

atomicbrh

I do not know if this is an original quote by my wife but she often gave the kids this quote of advice when they were growing up:

"Do not go along just to get along!"

Meaning stand up for what is right even if it is not popular. If a group you are with is going to do something wrong, say something to stop it or leave. If someone is being mistreated, stand up for that person. Help them.

Can't argue with THAT.

My mom once told me, "Don't be afraid to be different." Well, I ended up remembering that one... made for a slightly lonely life, but my integrity and pride is intact as a result.

I do not know if this is an original quote by my wife but she often gave the kids this quote of advice when they were growing up:

Meaning stand up for what is right even if it is not popular. If a group you are with is going to do something wrong, say something to stop it or leave. If someone is being mistreated, stand up for that person. Help them.

Too few people are willing to do this nowadays.

My favorite quote from my wife, "Oh Baby Oh Baby!" :roflol:

Another nice, meaningful conversation,

ruined. laugh.gif

You're right Sarge,I posted before I thought. My apologies atomicbrh. Your post deserved a little more respect.

Edited by Youngeyes

I agree my parents raised me with morals ex. In Walmart the other night shopping we were In a check out line and older black woman and family waked behind us she was behind them and just fell to the floor bout 20ft from us right in front of these two guys basically on there feet to saw it and watched for a second they just stared didn't try to help nothing I walked over there and went to help her up but her family had seen and came and got her before I could help her up. She looked slightly mentally tetarded ( I worked with them for a year and that will be what I do when I get out of school) but it pissed me off to no end that those pos did nothing Idc what color or age you are if you need help I'm going to give it if I can .. End rant

but atleast the boy isnt following fashion trends (skinny jeans and sparkly shirts) so thats a good sign.

When I started my job in 1983 (where a lot of career military people also worked) I had the typical 80's hair. I had to comb it. That hair did not last long by my own choice. My son started the mil-spec hair(not shaved short) fairly soon after his first few haircuts. Around age 7, he told his mother he had "never combed hair" and he wanted to let it grow so that he could comb it. I did not say anything. A few weeks later he got up one morning with hair going in every direction. He kept trying up until time to leave for school to wet it down and get it to behave. He asked his mother if she could cut it back to mil-spec that night and his hair (now almost 21 y/o) has been the same way since then.

Your son's ability to give up trendy fashions and other things(like my son gave up hair) is very hard for some people to do but to my family it shows a strong mind. Maybe this is drifting to the Zen area. :)

Edited by atomicbrh

Can't argue with THAT.

My mom once told me, "Don't be afraid to be different." Well, I ended up remembering that one... made for a slightly lonely life, but my integrity and pride is intact as a result.

+1

• 10 years later...
On 7/20/2012 at 7:00 PM, atomicbrh said:

I hope your wife isn't designing roadways and traffic systems.