Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

15rnd 40 mag?

mshotwell

Get you a thumb cheater. New magazine springs are like that. After you load them and unload them a bunch they will eventually settle.

Oh a little trick if you don't have a thumb cheater: Holding the magazine about a foot above a carpeted or plywood top surface with, hold a bullet in place pressing it down. Hit the base of the magazine on the suface and the kinetic energy will cause the bullets in the tube to continue downward compressing the spring and let you get that round down enough to then push it into the feed lips.

I do it at matches on the tables when I forget my thumb cheater to get that 19th or 20th round in my glock 40 mags.

I've got to 15rnd 40mags. I can get 10 in one and 12 in the other. Is there a trick I don't know about? It's Cert. Preowned P226 tac Ops. Thanks

Or order mecgar 15rd mags. find it hard to believe they are that hard to load, brand new mecgars I bought I have had no effort loading to 15.

I've got to 15rnd 40mags. I can get 10 in one and 12 in the other. Is there a trick I don't know about? It's Cert. Preowned P226 tac Ops. Thanks

Or order mecgar 15rd mags. find it hard to believe they are that hard to load, brand new mecgars I bought I have had no effort loading to 15.

That why I asked the question. I've never had mags this hard to load.

Something is definitely wrong. I've never had an issue loading 15 rounds in my Mecgar mags by hand. The last round is fairly tight, but still no issues. At 10 to 12 rounds they were still loading with ease, even when brand new.

i have these mags from mecgar and have no problems loading 15 .40S&W

also I want to pass this tip on if you have a 226 9mm you can use these mags and get 20 rounds of 9mm in the mag. I have had no malfunctions from using these mags.

i have these mags from mecgar and have no problems loading 15 .40S&W

also I want to pass this tip on if you have a 226 9mm you can use these mags and get 20 rounds of 9mm in the mag. I have had no malfunctions from using these mags.

You are using the 40 mags for 9mm?