Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Used Dillon 550

Lifeislarge

Howdy folks, I've been in the market for a used Dillon rig and one finally became available locally. I haven't laid eyes on the unit yet but the guy swears it has only 100 rounds loaded after set up (he then got deployed and put it in storage). It's an RL550 with all the bells and whistles (and I mean ALL the add-ons available, tumbler, media separator, primer flippers, deluxe quick change, primer early warning kit, auto eject and auto primer, auto powder and fail safe kit, bench wrench, cover, dies, brass, and eliminator scales so far, with still more to come).

My question is, what would be a good offer on all this gear? I've priced it out on the Dillon site but I'm not sure what one should pay for the add-ons used. I know these things hold their value but there has to be some advantage to buying pre-owned over new. I'm pretty sure I insulted him last night with a really lowball offer just to test the waters but I figure I should see what the consensus is here before I go back.

I have never reloaded and am hoping that this will be a good setup to start with. Any advice would be appreciated, and no, I will not give you the guys number :devil:

Like T_V says, anything under retail is good. They go for retail plus on EBay. In other words demand is determining cost and demand is hot. Any goodies included, price goes up. If all the extra's you've mentioned are included and you get the pkg. for $700 I'd buy it. To be honest I wouldn't take $800 for mine with all the equipment added to the RL550 as a pkg. deal. If you insulted me with a low ball offer I wouldn't even consider selling it to you. Plenty of competitors looking for great equipment for thier reloading room. Good luck

I offered low to get a dialogue started. The guy wouldn't give me a price to start with. Probably best after 19 emails. I don't know, if I'm only going to save 10% off new, I'd rather pay the extra $80 to unwrap my own boxes, than go through the effort of setting up the whole thing only to find that the PO had buggered something up. I get the warranty and reputation, but it's still a hassle boxing and shipping something like that.

I may be selling mine soon and could include some extra accessories to sweeten the deal if it would work for you. I think it's time to go to a 650 for me. Let me know if your deal doesn't work out and maybe we can deal. I don't need to sell, though, so I am not looking to give it away.