Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Base pads for Springfield XDM 40

quedude

Looking to trick out my XDM 40 just did a trigger from Springer Precision and fell in love with the gun and now looking for base pad extensions that wont break the bank and a magwell. Have looked at the plastic ones but would rather find metal ones if availible to get a few more rounds in the mag.

Looking to trick out my XDM 40 just did a trigger from Springer Precision and fell in love with the gun and now looking for base pad extensions that wont break the bank and a magwell. Have looked at the plastic ones but would rather find metal ones if availible to get a few more rounds in the mag.

I run the Pistol Gear extensions, as well as their magwell. Yes, they are expensive . . . and yes, they are always out of stock. Is this because they are the best out there? From my experience . . . yes!

Get on the notify list and have them for next year. That is what I had to do, TWO years ago!. And, with the "kit" (spring and follower) I can load 21 rounds in the first mag. That way I start a stage with 22 rounds. (Two of my three mags will take 21 rounds)

No, the slide will not lock back. But then I NEVER run my gun empty (well, except it the case of a short circuit in my brain). Plan your run on a stage, and plan your reloads. You will never have a use for the slide lock again, other than disassembly ;)

The ones from Canyon Creek should be available within the next couple of weeks, according to Rich's earlier post's.

I'm in the same market for 9mm. I'm going to wait for the CC ones to become available, mainly because I have a CC 4P and want to stay with one builder for the whole project.

we wound up with the pistolgear extensions and unlimited magwell. nice setup except one of the little hex screws broke putting on the back of the extension. sourced another one and GTG. Mine fit 20.

I got notice the anodizing is done on the first 100, I'll have them back on Wednesday.

Rich

So does that mean I can order some Tomorrow? Got a match on the 28th and I would love to finally be able to shoot Limited.

• 2 weeks later...

The black 140mm base pad kits are ready to go, I got the springs and followers in today. When the other base pads are back from anodizing in red-blue-silver I'll let you know, at least two weeks before they will be done.

Rich

I got my order a couple of days ago and they are awesome. They are as nice as I've seen yet just looking around at my local Match. Rich is the best and Caynon Creek is second to none on service and fast shipping. Thanks again Rich.