Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9mm work in large casefeeder?

I'm about to purchase a 650 and will mainly use it for 9mm but will also reload 40, 45, and 38sp/357mag. I was going to just order the small casefeeder and manually load the others but I've read a thread where people are using the large casefeeder for 9mm without issues. Anyone else doing this? Currently shooting minor in SS so it's likely I'll move to major if I buy a different gun and would rather not have to buy another casefeeder down the road.

If a large plate is used for 9mm you'll eventually get jams in the case feeder . It seems that two cases will try to work their way into one slot on the right side of the case feeder and jam up the whole works.

When I first bought my 1050 (Same case feeder) The previous owner had been running 9mm with a large case feed plate and had put duct tape on it to try to keep the jams down. This not only didn't work but git tape gue all over everything. I bought the small case feed plate immediately and how have Large Small pistol and Small rifle.

I ended up getting the small pistol plate. I'll buy the large when I need it. I'm only shooting 9mm now. When I posted, I was thinking you had to get a different casefeeder, not just the plates. Thanks for clearing that up. The fedex guy should be dropping off the 650 and casefeeder tomorrow :cheers: