Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Difference Between PRP drop-in Trigger Kits

mwc101

I am a recent purchaser of an XD(M) 5.25 after years of shooting Beretta's I have been following the discussions here and on XDTalk forum. Am going to do a drop-in trigger job. Have researched the pricing with Brownells and am confused. They offer PRP 056 drop in kit for $110 and the forum keeps mentioning the PRP "Ultimate Match Kit" but I cannot find any reference to it. I definitely want a lighter trigger pull and faster reset. Does anyone know any comparison or stock numbers between these two. Also, I noticed the basic kit does not have a sear included but they offer a polished sear for $60. Would I be in good shape buyint the basic kit and the sear? This is pretty confusing. I can do the work. The u tubes are tremindous.

Anyone have an opinion other than sending my gun off for the work. Kind of like to do things myself. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Call Scott Springer at Springer Precision or just go to their website. They have one of the best riggers for the XDm 5.25 out there. www.springer precision.com

Edited by GlockOp

Just did the Ultimate kit from PRP and took it out yesterday for a test drive and WOW loved it... I was amazed with how well it felt was like shooting a different gun, also installed the mag release from them. Also very simple. just take ur time and follow the videos on youtube an its pretty simple.

Thanks Guy's for your responses. Think I will order the kit

this week and see how it feels. Can't hardly wait. Gotta feel better

than my Beretta's. Not that I don't like my Beretta's but I have

been waiting for years for the company to address the needs of

the competition shooter! Not gonna happen!

I just installed the ultimate match kit in a friend's 5.25. The trigger came out nice, but with more pretravel than I expected. I have their older ultimate with the internal steel overtravel stop in my 4.5 XDm, along with the titanium striker safety, status indicator, light striker spring, and billet striker. The pull is definitely lighter. Now to convince him to buy more parts!

The kit is very easy to install. It took me about 3 hours, but I took my time and polished all contacting surfaces. It is still a VERY nice trigger pull for a production gun.

Hey Guy's,

I tried to do the install and got frustrated. Took me several hours to get

it put back together with the factory parts. Lots of filing and I wasn't getting

anywhere. Talked to Dan at PRP and decided I'm sending the gun and kit to him.

A guy just has to know his limitations! I would rather it be right! Just hope

I get it back in time for my shoot a week from this Saturday. I'll let you

know the outcome. Thanks for your support!

Gunsmith job is much better than drop in anyway

Thanks...I'm just hard headed I guess. I replaced two Sears, springs and hammers in

my Beretta 92 and 96, easy as can be, but the sear is twice as big and did not

need fitting. Just getting too old for my fingers to work as well as they once did!