Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Limcat holster Questions...

What are you trying to adjust? Position? Retention? I only have the 1st generation with the trigger guard pin.

To adjust the position, loosen the appropriate set screws, set and tighten.

To adjust retention (of the ball detent) lossen/tighten the big screw thingy.

The last production has a different locking mechanism/latch. I'm sure someone else will be able to provide more info.

What are you trying to adjust? Position? Retention? I only have the 1st generation with the trigger guard pin.

To adjust the position, loosen the appropriate set screws, set and tighten.

To adjust retention (of the ball detent) lossen/tighten the big screw thingy.

The last production has a different locking mechanism/latch. I'm sure someone else will be able to provide more info.

Thanks for the help. I should have added that I have the newer model. Thanks though!

I had a new style. If you're wondering about tension on the gun, as far as I recall, there was no adjustment to be made. At least, I never figured out how to make it. It's possible that there's some sort of spring inside you could play with, but that would require careful disassembly, and I'm not sure where there was any obvious point to start taking the holster body apart.

I had a new style. If you're wondering about tension on the gun, as far as I recall, there was no adjustment to be made. At least, I never figured out how to make it. It's possible that there's some sort of spring inside you could play with, but that would require careful disassembly, and I'm not sure where there was any obvious point to start taking the holster body apart.

That is what I am finding. The gun, while solidly locked in seems very loose. There is a lot of play. Unlocked, it isn't going to come out but it wouldn't take much. It sure is scary when you are used to a CR Speed. I think I am really going to like it once I am comfortable. I just wish Limcat had an owners manual or something.

I just wish Limcat had an owners manual or something.

There was no manual even for the 1st gen model.

There was a manual!

I think i still have the manual for the 2nd generation johnnie built. Will go look.

There was a manual!

I think i still have the manual for the 2nd generation johnnie built. Will go look.

i found the manual, scanned it and it's a pdf file. but, it's over 2mb. pm me with yer email and i'll send you a copy.

There was a manual!

i found the manual, scanned it and it's a pdf file. but, it's over 2mb. pm me with yer email and i'll send you a copy.

straight up Stud!!!

• 2 weeks later...

There was a manual!

straight up Stud!!!

Got the manual! Thanks a bunch. There is actually a tension adjustment. You tap the Derlin block in or out of the body to tighten it up. Makes a big difference.

• 6 years later...