Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Front Sight

Just today, while I was doing dry fire, I consciously took my attention off on the dot on the front sight. Then, that was the first time I noticed the light bars on the sides. I further explored, I then noticed for the first time the roof (upper portion) of the front sight.

My conclusion was that, when I started to NOT focus ONLY on one thing, I began to see other things. When I shifted my focus away from the dot, I saw the light bars... the roof.

Weird thing, I start to see now the front sight as a building Im seeing afar and not just a dot.

I dont know if these are valid observation. Im just a class C production shooter, and open and willing to learn.

Can anyone please validate this?

Thank you in advance.

Edited by jun_1911

You hit one of those "Aha!" moments where you become an observer rather than an actor. Brian calls this "creative shooting". Take time to read Brian's book and he'll lead you to other things to discover.

You hit one of those "Aha!" moments where you become an observer rather than an actor. Brian calls this "creative shooting". Take time to read Brian's book and he'll lead you to other things to discover.

+1 on Brian's book. When I have one of these "aha" moments I go back to his book. Reading the same words again means something more.

You'll also find validation here.

"Open and willing to learn" is a useful intention and will serve you well.

DNH

Weird thing, I start to see now the front sight as a building Im seeing afar and not just a dot.

Even without a dot, that is exactly how it felt to me when I was shooting my best. The front sight looked like a giant building, silhouetted against the sky.

be

A similar "aha" moment will come when you realize that you might THINK you're seeing the front post clearly, when in reality you're not seeing ANYTHING at all in crystal clear refinement...

And then the steel will start falling again. :lol:

Thank you for all the replies.

I have finally seen the "front sight", i.e. the form of the steel.. the rectangular object.. the building. For before, I thought, when you speak of front sight you were referring to the dot -- a very bright green fiber optic dot -- for this is what I saw as front sight when I was doing dry fire and actual shooting.

Now, I see the former and not anymore the latter.

Edited by jun_1911

A similar "aha" moment will come when you realize that you might THINK you're seeing the front post clearly, when in reality you're not seeing ANYTHING at all in crystal clear refinement...

And then the steel will start falling again. :lol:

There you go again. LOL..

All the while I was looking for validation of my observation.

Then why "in reality Im not seeing anything at all in crystal clear refinement...And then the steel will start falling again".

:roflol:

Edited by jun_1911