Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

To a dear four legged friend

GrumpyOne

I'm out on assignment, 1,500 miles from home, been here 3 weeks, no chance to get home for another 2 weeks. My wife called me this morning, our 17 year old cat, Poot, had to be put down this morning. We rescued him the weekend we got married, and he was a one of a kind cat. A very unique personality and disposition. He was the king of the house, all the other animals gave him wide berth, and he knew it. He once chased a full grown Irish setter down the street, into a neighbors garage, and beat him up. At our new house, he cornered the neighbors German shepard and beat him up.

He never got ill, never went to the vet for anything other than his shots every year, and was a dear friend. We will miss him terribly.

One cat last year due to a rare disease, my Aussie 2 1/2 months ago, and now him.

I hate that I didn't get a chance to say goodbye....

Thanks, Mark....its been a rough couple of years with the animals. We've lost 4 in 3 years, 3 in this last year alone. They just don't live long enough. We were thinking about getting another parrot, but at this point, a parrot would outlive us.

I told my wife that the only reason he held on for so long was to outlive my Aussie....

Edited by GrumpyOne

I am not on here much so I am not close with you guys but I feel your pain on this one. Animals truly become part of you family and it sucks to lose them. Every time I have lost a dog I swear that is the last one but somehow I end up with another.

Poot sounds like a cat after my own heart. And I imagine he captured YOURS, too. But Poot lived a long life for a kitty and seemed to make the most of it and, as Youngeyes said, he had loving owners who appreciated him. That was important. I send my warmest condolences. :(

Putting down a pet is always so very hard but he was a loved animal and very lucky to have responsible owners. God bless you for that.

Furball hackers are cool and have a couple that drive me crazy. They hold the unique animal kingdom niche of being annoying and loving at the same time. Kind of like people.

Edited by Bamboo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Andy, sorry for the late post - I've been out of the scene for a couple of months. I appreciated your comments last fall when Georgia passed away. So sorry to read about this news. Pets are... our life long buddies. Be kind to yourself.