Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

O/U's, Beretta, Blaser, Perazzi, Krieghoff

Wild Gene

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you need excellent Beretta service you can also rely on Rich Cole. He is "Mr. Beretta" here in the states.

Even if it is a warranty issue, he can get it squared away with Beretta USA in MD.

My experience with Beretta Service Center has been limited, but in the few instances it was satisfactory.

I have heard horror stories though. Rich Cole knows Beretta inside out and is excellent to work with. See www.colegun.com

Another resource I have the personal pleasure of sharing is Dennis Devault of Devault Industries in Canton, OH.

Dennis put one of his 3/8" high ribs on my 682E and now I have a poor man's K-80 Sporter.

Jon Kruger, Bill McQuire, and Gebben Miles all like the higher ribs for heads up shooting, and it works for me too.

I think Bobby Fowler is shooting Devault ribs on his Browning Sporters, based on recent photos in clay publications.

Not for everyone, but wonderful for some of us to discover the higher ribs in sporting clays/5-Stand shooting!

The most consistent advice being shared on these threads is sure enough the truth - find what works for you on your budget. Make sure it fits, whatever you purchase, regardless of type or brand.

I am in the process of having Devault put the 3/8" rib on my Browning 625 28 gauge 32" gun, so my two go-to clays guns are set up the same.

Can't wait to go heads up style on my 28 gauge too!

Break them all, friends.

Try out as many guns as possible before you purchase and make a mistake!! And don't fall into the thinking that you need an OU. I started with a browning 525 and then went to a Blaser F3 and then took a break from clays for 2 years to concentrate on pistol, then came back and sold the Blaser and bought a used Krieghoff Gold Target with a custom made stock.

Guess what I prefer to shoot now?!? I picked up a Remington 11-87 for $600 and shoot it better than my $48,000 Krieghoff!! My Krieghoff choke tubes are more expensive that the Remington. Lol

Anyway, I always looked down on auto loaders until I started shooting one and love how it points and swings with some weight added in the front.

Anybody looking for a used Krieghoff Gold Target?!?! Lol. I have one dying to leave my safe.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Kolar Arms...http://www.kolararms.com/

Best customer service of all we have used. And we have used a lot of them. Jeff Mainland makes you feel like the most important customer they have. They will custom fit the gun to you. You can get them used from Indiana Gun Club too. They stock new and used. I just sold my Perazzi combo and switched to Kolar combo, instant improvement in my Trap Scores.