Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cure for Tennis Elbow

zhunter

OK, being the tennis elbow question is asked a lot, here is the cure:

Get a large thick rubber band ( like the kind they have at the grocery store to wrap asparagus or broccoli ) and put it on your finger tips. Flex your fingers out stretching the rubber band. The pain you are feeling is from constant gripping (ie. shooting, golf, tennis) and you need this exercise for an isometric.

Just do it all the time when driving, on the phone, reading etc... for 10-14 days and it will be completely cured. Do this occasionally afterwards and the problem will not return.

This is guaranteed to work.

Good luck

Jay T

This is guaranteed to work.

You'll reimburse the cost of a rubber band if I still have pain? devil.gif

YES, of course :sight:

Thanks for the tip. When I get tennis elbow, I just stop playing tennis for awhile :blush:

No need to quit shooting, tennis or golf while using this cure, trust me, it will go away

BTW, I also have a 2 minute cure for bloody noses :)

BTW, I also have a 2 minute cure for bloody noses :)

Is it stop getting hit in the face? :lol:

That is preventative, mine is once it happens :sight:

get many punches in the nose, jay?

I played Ice Hockey for 6 years, you do the math :roflol:

I shall try this. Must admit i'm skeptical but willing to try anything at this point. To many years working with chainsaws...Thanks if it works or i'll be sending you the bill for the elastic band!

what's the bloody nose cure? Thanks.

Roll up a piece of paper towel, notebook paper (it really does not matter) that is about 1 1/2" wide and the thickness/diameter of a pencil. Put it under your top lip as far as it will go. BINGO, gone in about 2 minutes

Zhunter,

Thank you for the tip! This is exactly what I needed between shooting, motorcycle riding and racketball my hands were toast. I now have a collection of rubber bands around the car and house.

Thanks again!

Carl

Tennis elbow ranges from inflammation of the lateral epicondyl to actual tearing. If you have just injured it the best thing you can do is ice it and let it rest for a few months. If it's chronic then you can get relief from stretching and strengthening, depending on how badly injured it was in the first place. Finger extension is a good exercise as the lateral epicondyl is connected to the extensor muscle for some of the fingers, it can be coupled with stretching in all directions and using a Theraband Flexbar, which seems to be proven clinically as the bee's knees.

However, sometimes the damage is too great and a surgical remedy is necessary. There's no method that is one-size-fits-all.

Edited by Matt Griffin

• 2 months later...

great advice ill have to try it. another good help for bloody noses is small tampons. placed in the nose they apply pressure and catch the blood. also according to a military medic friend of mine tampons are great for bullet wounds but i would want to get shot to test his theory..

• 1 month later...

I alleviate some discomfort from tennis elbows or any joint pains through mobility and a process called flossing.

Here is a link to the floss bands and the methodology around it.

http://www.letscrossfit.com/banish-your-elbow-bench-dip-pull-up-pain-you-dont-really-play-golf-or-tennis-do-you/

Again, treatment varies from person to person so perform at your own risk.

-Daniel

Edited by dlouie87

I'm sure the severity of the tennis elbow and it's subsequent treatment and cures varies from individual to individual.

I'm also pretty sure that there are doctors who could be sued for doing surgery if a simple flexion from a band will cure it....just saying.

• 2 weeks later...

2 Stretching Exercises:

Wrist Flexor Stretch - Extend your arm in front of you with your palm up, and bend your wrist so that your fingers is pointing towards the floor. With your other hand, gently bend your wrist further until you feel a mild to moderate stretch in your forearm. Hold this position for about 20-30 seconds.

Wrist Extensor Stretch - Extend your arm in front of you with your palm down, and bend your wrist so that your fingers is pointing towards the floor. With your other hand, gently bend your wrist further until you feel a mild to moderate stretch in your forearm. Hold this position for about 20-30 seconds.

4 Strengthening Exercises:

Tennis Ball Squeeze - Hold a tennis ball in your hand, and squeeze the tennis ball for about 6 seconds. Then relax for about 10 seconds. You should repeat for 8-12 times. Remember to do the exercise on both hands.

Dumbbell Flexor wrist Curl - Hold a dumbbell in each hand and rest your arms and elbows on a bench or on your legs. The palm should be pointing up and your elbows in roughly 90 degrees angle. Bend the wrist so that the dumbbells moves towards the floor, and go back up again as high as possible. Finally, go back to the starting position. Do 8-12 repetitions for 3 sets.

Dumbbell Extension Wrist Curl - Hold a dumbbell in each hand and rest your arms and elbows on a bench or on your legs. The palm should be pointing down and your elbows in roughly 90 degrees angle. Bend the wrist so that the dumbbells moves towards the floor, and go back up again as high as possible. Finally, go back to the starting position. Do 8-12 repetitions for 3 sets.

Dumbbell Pronation and Supination - Hold a dumbbell in each hand and rest your arms and elbows on a bench or on your legs. Your thumbs has to point upwards. Turn the wrist inward as far as possible and then outward as far as possible. Do 8-12 repetitions for 3 sets.

Get more info here TennisElbowTips.gethow.info

• 1 year later...

They have straps you can normally buy at any sporting goods store or pharmacy, they are usually elastic with velcro and go right beneath the joint where they apply moderate pressure, I have used them while lifting during times when the pain was pretty bad and they seemed to alleviate a great deal of the discomfort. that is a temporary solution though, to fix the problem altogether best thing to do is forearm exercises and stretching and lots of rest.

• 2 weeks later...

I had tennis elbow at one time for almost 2 years, so bad i could hardly hold my tooth brush, had it shot up several times too, that only lasted for 2 weeks every time, the thing that got rid of it for me was theory where it was massaged with some kind of heat viberation deal ? They told me that calcium builds up around the pulled muscle and won't let it heal, the massage broke up the calcium and it was better in about 4 weeks and I have not had it again

• 2 months later...

I am going to have to say the guy in the video mentioned above deserves a medal.... I think his name is Chad and I heard about him on Steve Anderson's Blog. I have been doing this routine since the day I watched it and I have had massive improvement. I play guitar for a living and torture my elbow and forearms and have been dealing with issues for years. This one video has changed everything.

When playing guitar for hours I have to deal with other forearm issues as well and attempt to keep Carpal Tunnel damage from occurring. I use a device built for mountain climbers that is a daily part of my routine in addition to the routine shown in the video above.

Good luck!

I'm glad you guys like the video. If you haven't seen it, here's the accompanying blog...

http://absolutept.com/shooters-elbow/

...in which I talk about the research behind the exercises, my experiences, and other details like whether you should rest or not, how often to train, how much weight to use, how much pain you should train through, how well and how fast it works, what not to do etc.

Thanks again for the feedback!