Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
01G8R

Pal Filler

My good friend Joe Chambers introduced me to this product. I know it has been discussed on BE.com before. It is very well built and does the job intended very well. We now have the Pal Filler available from our store at

Price Lowered to $141

LINK -> Pal Fillfer from Everglades Ammo

The PAL Filler is a vibratory primer tube filler designed to work with small and large primers. It uses your stock Dillon or RCBS primer tubes. See a product demonstration in the video below.

Edited by 01G8R

A bunch of us bought some from the maker in Italy. Umberto said he was working on getting a distribution deal going in the states. Good for him!cheers.gif

The filler is a great addition to the loading bench. If you can swing one of these you will not regret it.

To be honest they do not all work exactly as demonstrated. Each filler seems to have it's own preferred angle and tilt to work best. It only takes a few minutes to figure out though. Once you have it dialed in it is perfect!

That's great news for many reloaders. As I already reviewed before, I love my Pal Filler. They're not cheap, but mine has worked like a dream.

FYI - Clicking the "Reloading Supplies" button on the website brings me to the "Reloading Equipment" page but without the Pal Filler. I needed to click on the sub-menu to find it.

How well does it work with Hornady LNL tubes and Federal Primers (larger than standard primer packaging)?

Edited by blind bat

Thanks guys.

Blind Bat

Here's a link to the product page.

Pal Filler

I don't have any of the LNL tubes, but the Dillon Small and Large Tubes measure ~.3125" diameter so that should give you an idea if the LNL tubes will fit. I also dont have any Federal Large Pistol Primer packages. The Federal Small Pistol Primer packaging works fine. The Federal SPP packaging appears about the same dimension as most others except it is much thicker. The space for the primer packaging to fit is about 3.4" square so you can check to see if the Federal packaging will fit.

Edited by 01G8R

YIKES!! :surprise:

$239.95!

I can take a couple of minutes and fill a tube manually.

Pat

A bunch of us bought some from the maker in Italy. Umberto said he was working on getting a distribution deal going in the states. Good for him!cheers.gif

The filler is a great addition to the loading bench. If you can swing one of these you will not regret it.

To be honest they do not all work exactly as demonstrated. Each filler seems to have it's own preferred angle and tilt to work best. It only takes a few minutes to figure out though. Once you have it dialed in it is perfect!

:cheers:

YIKES!! :surprise:

$239.95!

I can take a couple of minutes and fill a tube manually.

Pat

Kind of what I thought. Then again its on par as to what the other primer fillers have ran or are running so If you want one it looks like it works as advertised.

Edited by steel1212

Sarge you're right, the motors have a 10% tolerance on engine speed, the primers each brand have different weights, different roughness and especially a different center of mass, as you said and this means learning to use it in a few minutes

Forgive my English

Umberto

:D:cheers:

Price reduced to $195. Thanks.

Click here to purchase Pal Filler for $195

YIKES! :surprise:

I can still take a couple of minutes and fill a tube manually.

Pat

Yes, that is expensive but these things really are worth the money in my opinion. This is one of those gadgets I bought that I have no regrets.

I'm close to pulling the trigger, good thing I didnt get paid today

Dillon is $300

I can load, well my 11 year old daughter can load 17 tubes in less than 5 minutes.

It is built like a tank. I paid a little less on the big group buy we did at the begining of the year and it is worth it.

Price reduced to $195. Thanks.

Click here to purchase Pal Filler for $195

YIKES! :surprise:

I can still take a couple of minutes and fill a tube manually.

Pat

Yes, that is expensive but these things really are worth the money in my opinion. This is one of those gadgets I bought that I have no regrets.

A huge +1! I'd buy mine again in a heartbeat. They really are extremely well made and convenient units. They are well worth the money IMO.

I'm cramped for room in my place already. I really dont have room for it. I've thought about it though.

Are you taking about the Dillon or Pal Filler? The Pal Filler unit is very compact and takes up virtually no room.

Talking about the Dillon

You may want to consider the Pal Filler. It is a good deal cheaper, much smaller, doesn't need to be tuned (especially an issue with changing primer brands on the Dillon), works for large and small primers without add-ons, operates more quietly, etc.

You couldn't take my Pal Filler unless you killed me - love it & it makes reloading fun again.

You couldn't take my Pal Filler unless you killed me - love it & it makes reloading fun again.

Wow, that is certainly a strong endorsement and has me thinking.

These things look really cool and I would really like to get one of these some day since they seem very well made and by all accounts work well. But, I just can't get myself convinced that it's 200 bones worth of convenience. That is 1/5th of a new XL650 (which I would like to get one day, too), or 2/3rds of a case of MG bullets, or a jug and a half of powder or...well, you get the idea. If the price point got under 100 bones I'd be much more inclined to get one.

If the price point got under 100 bones I'd be much more inclined to get one.

Then get used to loading your tubes some other way. The Pal- filler is way too well built to get anywhere near $100.

If the price point got under 100 bones I'd be much more inclined to get one.

Then get used to loading your tubes some other way. The Pal- filler is way too well built to get anywhere near $100.

yep

this in not a piece of plastic