Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best M2 Build? Taran Tactical? Redneck Tactical? Other Options?

bobby hated

Well Kurt Miller has only been moding Benellis since 1995 so as the upstart in the bunch, I guess I would go to these guys who have been doing them for a dozen years or so. Besides I don't really work on guns for a living so the very few that have a true Recheck Tactical gun are in a very small yet exclusive club, but you have got to be drinking beer in my shop for me to consider itl

Kurt's lying. He and Trapr did my shotgun and then drank all the beer, while I watched!

You can't go wrong with any of the folks listed in this thread. I just got my AI and sent my other Benelli to RNT for the rest of the package.

Edited by Spiff034

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have had my rear end handed to me by a shooter wielding a stone stock M2. You could buy a gun from each and still get stomped. I recommend contacting them all and going with the shop that makes you the most comfortable. Or you could just send your gun to the guy that did your buddies as long as he is happy with it. Either way, then you can tout the greatness of your smith of choice on the internet for all the world to see! After we spend a ton of coin getting a gun all gussied up, people seem to concentrate on the positive aspects of a gun. I think that the more money is spent on a gun the higher the level of owner satisfaction is with said gun or smith, regardless of it's actual performance. I am not saying that any of the smith's listed do not live up to the hype, I may even have guns that some of these guys have blessed, just that there seems to be a lot of hype.

:cheers:

I have had my rear end handed to me by a shooter wielding a stone stock M2. You could buy a gun from each and still get stomped. I recommend contacting them all and going with the shop that makes you the most comfortable. Or you could just send your gun to the guy that did your buddies as long as he is happy with it. Either way, then you can tout the greatness of your smith of choice on the internet for all the world to see! After we spend a ton of coin getting a gun all gussied up, people seem to concentrate on the positive aspects of a gun. I think that the more money is spent on a gun the higher the level of owner satisfaction is with said gun or smith, regardless of it's actual performance. I am not saying that any of the smith's listed do not live up to the hype, I may even have guns that some of these guys have blessed, just that there seems to be a lot of hype.

My bad!

Edited by Jesse Tischauser

Well Kurt Miller has only been moding Benellis since 1995 so as the upstart in the bunch, I guess I would go to these guys who have been doing them for a dozen years or so. Besides I don't really work on guns for a living so the very few that have a true Recheck Tactical gun are in a very small yet exclusive club, but you have got to be drinking beer in my shop for me to consider itl

:roflol:

so you have no experience with any gunsmiths and yet you come in to give advice. Well that makes me feel better about recommending which sports bra is best in the other thread i am posting in..

man it is really weird how whenever i let other people borrow my gun they run the stages faster than their stock guns and have zero money invested in my gun and don't even know who did the work!!! that is just weird??

Edited by benjamin

Oh Jeez!

FYI, I just voted for triangle. Why? Because Benny is my buddy, and if I get even just one shotgun more than he does, just because of this fanboy thread, I couldnt live with myself. lol!

He's also got more mouths to feed in his shop; so if its a tie between me and Benny; please send it to him. I dont want to see him ever have to buy a Prius.

As much as I appreciate the kind words and support, you guys should know that these answers are opinions; some informed, some not-so-informed. Im proud to say that both Kurt and Benny have taught me a few things. We all for the most part do the same things, each with our own twist on what's optimal.

btw, what the heck is "accurate"? Accurate what?? See, the polls rigged.!!

so you have no experience with any gunsmiths and yet you come in to give advice. Well that makes me feel better about recommending which sports bra is best in the other thread i am posting in..

man it is really weird how whenever i let other people borrow my gun they run the stages faster than their stock guns and have zero money invested in my gun and don't even know who did the work!!! that is just weird??

Where in my post does it say that I do not have any experience with any of the listed smiths? As I only have first hand experience with some of the listed gun plumbers it would not be reasonable for me to advance one or more over the others. I also did not state that I use or even recommend stock shotguns, I was just trying to point out that it is easy to get all wrapped around the axel over tricked out gear and loose sight of the most important factor in the equation, the shooter. And that the best way to choose a gunsmith might not be an internet poll. Once again my lack of written communication skills comes through.

I will emphatically state for the record that I am not a fan of any sports bra, they give that uniboob look that I find distasteful.

Where in my post does it say that I do not have any experience with any of the listed smiths? As I only have first hand experience with some of the listed gun plumbers it would not be reasonable for me to advance one or more over the others. I also did not state that I use or even recommend stock shotguns, I was just trying to point out that it is easy to get all wrapped around the axel over tricked out gear and loose sight of the most important factor in the equation, the shooter. And that the best way to choose a gunsmith might not be an internet poll. Once again my lack of written communication skills comes through.

I will emphatically state for the record that I am not a fan of any sports bra, they give that uniboob look that I find distasteful.

That's one thing we can all agree on, I hope?!?!

Oh Jeez!

FYI, I just voted for triangle. Why? Because Benny is my buddy, and if I get even just one shotgun more than he does, just because of this fanboy thread, I couldnt live with myself. lol!

He's also got more mouths to feed in his shop; so if its a tie between me and Benny; please send it to him. I dont want to see him ever have to buy a Prius.

As much as I appreciate the kind words and support, you guys should know that these answers are opinions; some informed, some not-so-informed. Im proud to say that both Kurt and Benny have taught me a few things. We all for the most part do the same things, each with our own twist on what's optimal.

btw, what the heck is "accurate"? Accurate what?? See, the polls rigged.!!

:cheers: to you, Mike.....

Now you might not have the beer capacity of Kurt or be as MODEST as Benny but one reason you have so many "fanboys" is you are such a nice guy... :D

My Benelli M2 was done by Salient and it has been a great shotgun for my multi gun obsession. I have sent about 5 people to Mike since Salient appears to have gone by the wayside, and Mike's work is top notch. If I get a second Benelli I will send it to Mike as soon as possible.

Considering I have an old skool RNT M1 and M2 I had to vote for my amigo Mr Weakhand but I also know Benny Mike & Trapr and Kurt are all long time mates and their guns are all quality shooters and pretty similar high end mods - if I get a new gun anytime soon I may get a Benny gun as he guarantees his guns will shoot a stage half a second faster than anyone else !!

Actually....I'd love to see Benny driving a Prius, with a "hope and change" bumper sticker. In Texas, near a gun range.

I know, I know.....so cold....but what are friends for?

Tim

so yeah....+1 for Benny or Mike, I'd have to flip a coin or see how how I'm feeling the day I ship the shotgun off.

I am surprised by the negative comments on Taran's equipment.

I have known him for few years, shot at his range for a number of years, we went to a lot of matches together. He is one straight shooter when it comes to equipment and innovations. He offered me Bolen followers before they hit the market place. He has offered to modify my Benelii. He is one of the most generous people I have ever met. Taran loaned one of SV to a your female shooter for a number of years. This is just the tip of the iceberg about what a true gentleman Taran is......

So for me the negative crap is just a bunch of bull shit by folks who really don't know him and how many people he has help in this industry. Who do you think walked a young national champion around the Shot Show introducing the guy to vendors.

TTI is a very fine company who will stand by their products.

Edited by pjb45

I re-read all of these post and I still can't find where folks are giving negative reviews of Taran's stuff. Taran and I have spent countless hours talking about shotgun builds etc. as I have with Mike and Benny, so when I say there really isn't any choice btween them I mean it....they ALL ARE GREAT!!!!!

With that said, I am running a Taran gun and my lattest team gun will be worked over by Taran...YES I can do it myself, but since I don't build them "professionaly" and he makes them so darn pretty I am happy to have his work. I also have an Accurate Iron gun that I am runing, as well as Triangle's. The nice thing about them is that I can grab any one of them and KNOW it is top notch....BUT my favorite is still my old orriginal M1 that some guy built back in 95 :devil:

Kurt, is it possible that the apparent "goneness" of Salient has reflected on Taran? It would be easy to assume that Salient was just renamed to TTI given the timing. Maybe Taran should put up a little blurb on the website to clear up any confusion.