Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shooting Bag

SVI4ME

Extras? Wish I had some pictures of the San Angelo Gun Cart (its first match was this year's NM 3-Gun). Show up with a F250 towing a 10' trailer with a 4-wheeler on it. Roll the 4-wheeler off the back, unhitch the trailer from the truck, hitch the trailer back up to the 4-wheeler, stand the 12-gun vertical gun rack up on the back of the trailer, load up everyone's gear...load up everyone...then drive to the first stage.

The shade bolts to the top, naturally.

The fenders are not padded yet (with marine-grade foam and vinyl cushions, of course), but will be.

I voted for a BBQ pit to be welded on the front, but the debate is still raging :)

Everyone needs a 10' powered range bag :ph34r:

Alex

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Rugged gun, belt/holster, electronic muffs in the middle, with notebook, rule book and score sheets in the inside pockets. Mags and tools in the dedicated webbed pocket, cleaning kit (only used occasionally on major away matches), spare parts/batteries, shooting glasses, and personal supplies like sunblock, extra contact lenses, lubricant eye drops, handwipes and bandages (it's not been a good match unless I bleed) in Dillon boxes in various other pockets. Ammo goes into a Dillon bag or ammo can. Lunch and water bottle used to go into the bag, but now reside in my Camelbak.

The sucker is really too big a temptation for a compulsive pack rat like me... :P

Well, I decided to actually weigh my full bag yesterday. It felt kinda heavy, since I had a little extra gear in it, on top of the usual stuff. Because I was practicing for a multigun classifier match, I had four guns, three holsters and 12 magazines on board, plus the standard complement of goodies. Forty-three pounds.

Good thing the 800 rounds I was carrying was in the other hand to balance me. :P

43 lbs! Egad!

Heavy range bag is why my green garden wagon (big pneumatic tires) goes with me to matches where walking very far is involved.

Last year at a big steel match the entire squad had their stuff in the wagon along with a case of bottled water in an ice chest, with ice and it was still fairly easy to pull.

Got mine at Costco for $75 and I use it all the time around the place. Then it goes to matches with me too. I am building a long gun rack for it for 3-gun using ATV style holders.