Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shooting Bag

SVI4ME

I got a new Shooters Connection bag. Way bigger than my Dillon. How does everybody pack their SC bags? What do you put in which pocket? I need some direction with all these cubbies.

Put the magazine in the little elastic slots, put the gun in the zippered pocket of the center piece, roll the holster up real small to fit between the two zippers, but earplugs and headphones in one outside pocket, put sunblock, lip block and perfume in another pocket, put handwipes in inside "slot", with your rulebook in the other inside "slot" and you're all set to go :)

you can fit waaay too much crap in the shooters connection bag, I like to keep it simple,

bag for brass, ammo, eyes and ears, mags, gun and any tools or parts needed to keep the gun/magazines cleana and running..

i shoot a glock, so not many tools needed, i also shoot 9mm so i dont pick up much brass. all this fits in an old backpack i carried in high school

all this may soon change, but i doubt i will be picking brass up at matches.

I don't use the inner bag - hogs too much space, and I just never have gotten around to liking the "stage bag" concept.

Rugged gun, belt/holster, electronic muffs in the middle, with notebook, rule book and score sheets in the inside pockets. Mags and tools in the dedicated webbed pocket, cleaning kit (only used occasionally on major away matches), spare parts/batteries, shooting glasses, and personal supplies like sunblock, extra contact lenses, lubricant eye drops, handwipes and bandages (it's not been a good match unless I bleed) in Dillon boxes in various other pockets. Ammo goes into a Dillon bag or ammo can. Lunch and water bottle used to go into the bag, but now reside in my Camelbak.

The sucker is really too big a temptation for a compulsive pack rat like me... :P

A friend of mine once said, "Junk expands to fill the void."

It is amazing the junk that accumulates in my bag. everything from loose brass in the bottom of the bag to wrappers from those "energy" bars to scrap pieces of paster roll. The rule book, squad list from matches loose moon clips from the last time I shot revolver, loose staples from my staple gun in one of the side pockets. I'm sure you get the picture. Every once in a while, you just have to turn it upside down and shake it. Put back what you need and throw the rest away.

Of course, I'm sure there are neat-freaks who know where everything is without having a cluttered bag, but NOT ME!!!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

dj

I also carry a "PTK" (personal trauma kit) that can be used for gunshot wounds.

SVI4ME........How about carrying a book entitled "How not to Zero a stage at a Major Match"?? yuk........yuk............yuk.......

This is a great bag (Shooter's Connection). The smallest outside pocket holds a can of insect repellent and a spray bottle of sunscreen. I am told it is also perfect for a timer. The large end pocket will hold eyeware hardcases, hearing protection, and a lot of other stuff. In one of the two side pockets, I put an empty brass bag, gloves (for 3gun hot shotgun or steel handling), and a gun cover. In the other, I put a staple gun, pasters, rulebook, applications to my club, a trash bag, and staples. In the largest side pocket, I put pens and pencils, small tools, a calculator, a pistol ramrod, labels for scoresheets, lubricant, parts (fiber optic rods, springs, recoilmaster takedown tool, etc.), and the shoulder strap when not in use.

If you sew velcro onto nylon mag carriers, you can put mags down both sides of the velcro in the stage bag. One of the dividers can be put at one end of the stage bag for keeping a bottle of water. This still leaves room for two guns in the zipper pockets and up to 4-100 round ammo boxes in the cavity. I also put a watch around one of the d-rings.

This thing will hold way more than you need if you get carried away, but if you need it, or want it, at a match, it will go in there neatly.

You should probably have your mommy pack it for you like when she used to pack your lunch. :wacko:

No wait, ex-Cali Kath seems to have given you propper instruction. Just don't forget that book "how not to zero a stage". :lol:

yuk...yuk

End compartment is where I stash tools. Small end pocket for my timer. The little pocket is for the cell phone.

On the side pockets, one is for brass and trash. The other is for my mag lubricants and assorted rags.

In the big side pocket is where I stash the screwdriver for cleaning mags, rulebook, squib rod and mag brush. Pro-Grip, Aftec lube and extra mags go into mag holders.

Main compartment is for gun, ammo, eyes, ears and screwdriver kit (B-Square that I picked at the Paper & Iron). Main compartment side pockets have my mags (in a CA Comp Works holder) and Boresnake. The other main/side compartment is for scoresheets/match book.

No place for the book though Rob.

Rich

P.S. In the end:

It does'nt really matter, by the end of the match it will look like a hand gernade was thrown in it.

Benny's right.

Hey, that wheeled rig must belong to a budding Cowboy (in)Action Shooter!

Or as someone on this forum called SASS: "Four guns and a outfit" :lol

I transplanted everything from my Green bag to the Shooter's bag...more spread out, but also more compartmentalized. But by the end of the second day, everything loose has been thrown back in with a backhoe anyway.

Alex

The Shooters bag is really to big for me. It was the first true range bag I bought. I have a tendancy to fill up what ever I am carrying. That means lots of weight. I suggest keeping it light. Carry what you need. Leave the extras in the vehicle. I was carrying back up gun, enough ammo for two matches and mags for both. It gets really heavy to pack around. Keep is simple, the lighter the better. TXAG

My Shooter's Connection bag is too heavy for me to lift. It stays in the truck filled with all kinds of shooting gear and related equipment. When it comes to match day I take the inner bag. It carries ammo, water,rule book, squib rod, pen, watch, golf towel and timer. I wear the innerbelt, outerbelt, magazines, pistol, glasses and hearing protection.

Thats's the beauty of it, the inner bag. I gear up from the outer bag at the vehicle, then take the inner bag to the safe area and holster the gun. Then all that's remaining in the inner is ammo, mags, water, pen, etc. If you need the heavy duty stuff, then go back to the truck. The inner has d-rings for the strap if you like, and brass bags can be attached to this as well. The Shooter's bag gives you flexibility in how much gear you need vs. how far/long you have to carry it. No matter which bag you use, it should be a few pounds lighter at the end of the day. That's what I'm talkin' 'bout. Gross over-apostrophe usage intentional.

Nolan you ARE My hero... i need a range bag like THAT LoL

I have actually had crazy thoughts of a golf cart/4 wheeler with tool boxes.....

ULTIMATE range bag... a truck with Mechanics body. my dad was looking at one the other day.. got mad when i said... hey that compartment is jut right for 3-4 long guns :-D

Steve

Nolan: great gear cart!!! all it needs now is a canopy and a fold out stool!!! but where's the drink cart?

You haven't seen all the pictures yet. (We shoot with Nolan every week <_<) There's a carrier for a large umbrella and a chair. The drink cart is a great idea!

Rich