Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

21 Rd Henning Mags Question

38SuperDub

Figured I would copy and post this here since it is about Henning mags.

So I just snagged a used Tanfoglio Limited w/ 4 21 rd Henning mags - I have a question about them.

The guy has the receipt and they are in fact the 21 rd mags - however he said "Three of them hold 20, almost 21 and one holds 19, almost 20." - do the 21 rd hennings take some time to get broke in? Any thoughts?

I tried calling Henning but all I got was a VM and it said it was full.

Thanks!!!

the capacity has mostly to do with:

1. reloaded vs new ammo

2. how loose the spring is

try out the mags with factory fresh ammo, you should get 20 or 21 depending on if the spring is "set". Try reloads that are not full length sized (not pushed through a die or Case-Pro'ed) and you will likely only get 18-19.

Henning used to have a video on how to load the mags, showing the tap technique.

All the "tech" articles are here:

http://www.henningshootsguns.com/tech/tech.tanfoglio.main.html

It's true what's being said... the ammo/case quality etc does affect how the rounds stack up. All mags should be exactly the same. Getting 21 rounds in the mags is tight so it may appear as some mags hold 20 vs 21, but technically there should be no difference between them.

One of our local shooters told me that he could only get 20 in them, but that was okay. I picked up his mag and immediately loaded 21 using the tap and slap technique. The video in the tech forum is filmed with the older style magazines. You may experience the 20, then 21 in the new mags, but with some loading efforts you 'should' get 21 right away. Again, quality of cases/ammo affects the capacity greatly.

;-)

Henning