Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Time for a new extractor P 16 limited Canadian made

Retread1911

I have the standard extractor series 80 gun that is still stock. I am having a trigger job done with extracting the series 80 parts and replacing the extractor.

I have heard that the AFTEC in 40 had some vague issues so I thought I would ask here before plunking down the 80$ for the extractor if there were any specific experiences with the P16 limited with the AFTEC.

Retread

Sure but I am not comfortable with that assuming I ship all the parts or even the registered part.

When I shipped the slide back to Para in Canada all those years ago for a rear sight replacement I shipped like standard parts.

Anyone got anything negative to say about an AFTEC in .40?

For me, less moving parts less problem...I have my pxt replace with a EGW standard design and its been flawless for the past several thousand rounds...just my two...

Edited by fishpinoy27

Thanks guys. I met with a buddy and we looked through the parts and came up with a desire to replace with a standard Dawson extractor and ensure that the tension is set correctly and maintained.

I may still go to the AFTEC as I have had great luck with it in the 9mm major gun just not righ now.

• 2 weeks later...

Extractor update

Well gang I have gotten the Dawson installed and tensioned correctly. The gun is now running 100% with either the steel loads or the IPSC loads.

Thanks for the advice and like I said I may still invest in the AFTEC and keep the Dawson on hand as a backup.