Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What pants?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go for the Dangle look :roflol:

My Duluth pants for work get here on Wednesday, I'm trying out the flex version because I climb, kneel and bend a lot at work. If they are tough enough I'll probably try them for shooting too. If not I think I will try their military cargo pants. They look tough. Price seems real nice. I'll post on the flex ones when they get here if anyone is interested.

Has anyone tried try these LA Police Gear Operator Tactical Pants?

Wearing a pair right now. When I bought them, they showed up and I thought "Oh… they're made of paper towels!" I didn't expect them to last at all. I've been wearing them a year, maybe a year and a half now and they seem okay. They didn't fill me with confidence though, don't know that I'd want to beat on them, but I certainly got my $20 out of them. I'd buy more if they're still that cheap.

I’ve been using Blackhawk Warrior Wear and there great. Really comfortable ,lots of pockets and seem to wear well. I can get need pads under them easy enough.

The other draw for me is I’m 6’6’’ and the Blackhawks warriors fit.

I find this topic hilarious- it's three gun, not an adventure race.

If you don't want to look like a mall ninja with super-tacticular-operator-sniper-recon pants, I'd suggest railriders- very comfortable, tough and they don't make you look like a tool. I've had a pair of shorts going on three years.

http://www.railriders.com/

I find this topic hilarious- it's three gun, not an adventure race.

If you don't want to look like a mall ninja with super-tacticular-operator-sniper-recon pants, I'd suggest railriders- very comfortable, tough and they don't make you look like a tool. I've had a pair of shorts going on three years.

http://www.railriders.com/

Down in these parts we call it ATAS. Don't forget the Raulph Lauren Bikinni cut undies and the $35.00 socks, don't go half dressed you need all the fashion accesories.

Seriously Megellan about $12 at Academy on sale! Get 3 one for each day of the match!

ATAS = As tactical as shixt.

L.A. Police Gear. They're about 20 bucks and you can put kneepads in them. They have some goofy looking front slot pockets that you can slip a chamber flag or 140mm magazine into. I got a pair to try and I'm ordering another.

Arc'teryx!!! They'll take a beating and still look good. And they have 16 less pockets than some of the other candidates... roflol.gif

PLUS 1!

Arcteryx Rampart

Durable

Lightweight

Fast drying

Just the right amount of stretch

Low waistband

Regular sized belt loops so the Velcro between your belts has more contact area

Streamlined, less likely to snag cargo pockets

I have a couple pair if 5.11 pants, but I haven't worn them for a match in quite some time.

I actually prefer a regular pair of jeans;) brand don't matter, whatever they sell at the store that I happen to be in :)

I've been using Riggs Work-wear Ranger pants in the Rip-stop cotton. They are kind of a cross between fatigue and carpenter's pants. They have worked well, although I am going back to my regular Wrangler jeans because I would fill the cargo pockets to the point of needing a pair of suspenders. :rolleyes:

Maybe I missed it in the previous posts, but what pants does Daniel Horner wear with the open kneepad(?) pocket at the knees?

Sounds like Crye Precision, big $$$$$ but very nice!

Yep Daniel Horner wears Crye Prcecision, and they are pricey. I am lucky that the company I work for buys us those pants. They are very comfortable, and practical. However, if I did not get them for free, I am pretty sure I would wear something else. I like them though.