Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

$1050 budget help me deside

colbyjack

With your new budget it seems you have a lot of options with room to get extra equipment to run or train with. I have seen some good deals lately on M2's. Can't find a VM tact to save my life, just want to see it in person and the price seems pretty good.

Have you narrowed it down at all?

If your wife has you on a budget and you want to get into 3 Gun, DON'T even get started. :)

Save yourself a lot of grief and your marriage and get into some other sport. LOL!

I have 2 safes, one with guns she know about and the other is the mystery safe with my

3 gun toys. When she does see a different gun and asked where did you get that, I just say

I've had that for a long time, dear. Or I traded this and that for it.

3 Gun is addictive, way too addictive. Good luck!

Too funny, but true. I never show my wife what is in the safe. She asks all the time but I won't give her the combo:)

If your wife has you on a budget and you want to get into 3 Gun, DON'T even get started. :)

Save yourself a lot of grief and your marriage and get into some other sport. LOL!

I have 2 safes, one with guns she know about and the other is the mystery safe with my

3 gun toys. When she does see a different gun and asked where did you get that, I just say

I've had that for a long time, dear. Or I traded this and that for it.

3 Gun is addictive, way too addictive. Good luck!

Benelli M2 hands down. If you don't mind not having a comfort tech stock , you can buy an American version. I picked up one for around $900 ,new. Definetly get a lifter from C-Rums , a Nordic/Briley extension , and some shell caddies. Then you will be good to go.

Good luck ,JP

It looks like your budget is improving, so your options won't be as narrow as they were. I just wanted to say that I'm EXTREMELY happy that I was patient and kept saving up for a shotgun and ended up with a 21" M2 Comfort Tech. I did the same as a lot of these guys and have switched to a 10 round extension tube.

I have about $1000 budget myself for a 3 gun shotgun... I figure buying used is the way to go. I'm hoping to find an M2 with the basic mods needed. I've seen them before I was seriously looking.. so I know they are out there, just gotta hope to find the right one.

I've considered an Super X2 Practical MKII as well. They can be found with the needed mods for under $1000.

If recoil is a factor, you do NOT want a M2. I had one for 2 years and it ran great but did need heavy trap loads for reliability. I got a 26" versa max and that thing runs loads that won't open the bolt on the M2.

Can you guys help me deside. I got just over a grand to spend on a shotgun. Im new to 3 gun and been reading alot on here. Im nervous about the 930jm... seems hit or miss. Good deal it sounds like if it runs. Ive been shooting a mossberg 500 pump. I want a semi auto. Now my dream gun is the fnh slp or benelli m2. I like the 20"-24" range. Im not a gunsmith so dont want to get something where i got alot of building to do. Id like it to run out of the box with a extension and larger bolt and safety. Can i get something in that price range?

Im a c class pistol shooter and probably the same or worse in shotgun and rifle. So dont need the best. Will a remington 1100 or 1187 work ok for a new guy? Or should i save and get the better gun out of the gate? Whats used prices and new prices go for on these? Or since im not that good should i stick with the slower pump and save my money? Im being honest. I took like 3 from the bottom last match. But im here to have fun and get away feom my wife.

I suffer from psoariatic arthritis so im thinking semi auto for less recoil. Or maybe 20gauge unless it just sucks on steel. Id like to make my shooting experience less painful. We only run 2 shotgun stages and 2 rifle stages with 5/6 pistol stages once a month. Any help on helping me deside will be appreciated. I dont know much about shotguns. I do know my model 12 wont work in our sport..... lol

I shy away from Mossberg or Remington 1100's or the 1187's. Take a hard look at the FNSLP. I had a friend pick one up for about 1k.

Pat

If recoil is a factor, you do NOT want a M2. I had one for 2 years and it ran great but did need heavy trap loads for reliability. I got a 26" versa max and that thing runs loads that won't open the bolt on the M2.

Hmm I have ran some fairly light loads in my M2 with no issues. 2 3/4 dram 1 1/8 ounch of shot.

pat

Mine would run 3 dram - 1-1/8 as a minimum.And lots more recoil than a gas gun.

Yep it does have more recoil but we are shooting light kicking loads in the game for the most part and its also lots lighter and more reliable than gas guns.

Pat

This might speak to your issue with recoil. I bought an FN SLP Mk1 in January for 3gun. Got the C-Rums lifter mod and have been running it hard ever since. My 15 year old son loves it. We'll take it to the range & do 9 round mag dumps for fun. He'll burn through a 100 round walmart box in 5 minutes. The recoil is soft enough that he can put all 9 into the bull at 15 yards. Its a quality piece of gear.

• 2 weeks later...

My biased and nonscientifically backed observations from RO'ing matches point to a single winner for reliable shotguns, the M2. Others can and do work, but the M2's seem to work more often. Save up a another 100$ and get an M2.

I have to agree with Steelhead here, my S-90 18.5" bbl has served me well and never broke down since I bought it in 1988. While others speak about "durability" with a SG that has only been out for 2 years, I just laugh.....

another issue about reliability is anyone buying Wal-Mart ammo to run in their guns is like putting unleaded gas in your AA Fueler and wondering why that rail is under-performing......ALWAYS run GOOD ammo in a SG (just like you do in your pistols and rifles!)