Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

B&P Slugs discontinued

NSiess

I heard the slugs were discontinued so I called to give feedback and politely voice my displeasure. B&P in Italy decided to stop manufacturing and shipping them to the US with no back orders to be fulfilled. The slugs have been very accurate and soft recoiling for a lot of guys I know. Maybe if enough of us who use them call B&P USA at 1-800-683-0464 (I spoke with Kari McCormick) or email B&P Italy at info@baschieri-pellagri.com they will see the error of their ways.

-N

did a test about a month ago with every kind of low to moderate recoiling slug i could order through the shop. 50yds they all, every one, shot damn near the same place through my m2. slightly high and left. b&p included. yeah i like em, but theres plenty of replacements out there.

including what pat suggested.

Fiocchi 7/8 oz Reduced Recoil Slugs...you will be happy again.

That is what I am currently using and they are good, but the BP's were really good in my SLP. Now I just need people to get the fiocchi's in stock and put them on sale. Some of us always want more

Well I suppose it was to be expected. They only work a few hours a day in Italy. Our demand was probably getting out of hand. Someone had to stay and put down some long overtime hours... like 4.

From what I understand B&P is coming out with a new slug that does a little over 1300fps. The new slug will be imported next year if B&P Italy doesn't wake up and smell the espresso of an already current money making product.

I may have to add B&P to the growing list of Italian Companies who seem to succeed in spite of themselves.

Benelli

MV Agusta

Vatican

Fiat

B&P

Gee, so many other companies offer the option of a low recoil or standard velocity slug, how hard is it? :sight:

Here is a copy of the email I received from Kari this morning concerning the slugs....

Hi Gordon,

I am sorry to say that I do not believe we will be bringing anymore of

the B&P 12GA Reduced Recoil slugs. B&P Italy has decided to change the

specifications and the pricing of the B&P 12GA Slugs. The new slug is

12ga 1oz 1380 fps. I know that many of our customers do purchase they

slugs for their low recoil 1200 fps to compete in 3 gun matches, and I

am not sure if this load would be appealing as the velocity has gone up.

We will consider possibly ordering them for next year, but as of right

now I cannot commit to 200 cases of a faster slug with a higher price.

I will also do my best to let the manufacturers be aware of the

following of this low recoil slug so we can either get them to re-make

them or create a new low recoil slug for the U.S. Market. My apologies

and please contact me if you have any other questions. Thank you for

your dedication.

Kari McCormick

Kaltron Outdoors

B&P, Vihtavuori-Lapua, MSA Sordin

1.800.683.0464 x 109

This...

I got the last 90 B&P slugs off the shelf last November, and when it became obvious the rest of my order was going to take a looooooong time to fill, I went looking for alternatives. The 7/8oz Fiocchi Aero slugs seem to kick a touch more than the B&P, but still very soft, and I have shot them out to 75yds using the same sight adjustments as I had for the B&P (M2 Tactical with adjustable sights).

As a side benefit, the Fiocchi's cycle my buddy's (gas driven) M4, whereas the B&Ps did not.

Cheaper Than Dirt as them in stock at last check.

Over 100 cases (80 rounds per case) for 63 bucks per.

Hints on where to find some? Every online place I've looked at is backordered....

Edited by P.E. Kelley

I've tried both of Fiocchi's low recoil slugs, the 1 oz. at 1150 and the 7/8 oz. at 1300. The 1 ounce was a touch softer, both shot well out of my M2. Cabelas is now carrying the 1 oz slug. With some of their shipping deals it can work out.

Ammunition to Go has both loads, too.

Cheaper Than Dirt will send almost nothing to Mass. especially ammo and mags. :angry2:

Edited by Dan Sierpina

Cheaper Than Dirt as them in stock at last check.

Over 100 cases (80 rounds per case) for 63 bucks per.

Hints on where to find some? Every online place I've looked at is backordered....

Nice plug, your sponsers must love you. :)

Just providing answers to life's more complex questions while assisting commerce and encouraging prosperity for all.

Wanna buy a car?

LOL. No car for me, at least not today. But....maybe you can talk them into shipping slugs to AZ. My shopping cart figuratively told me, "No can do." :cheers:

• 2 weeks later...

Just ordered 5 boxes from Graf &Sons.

Mark

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone got any news on theB&P slugs? I like many of you got the e-mail saying there were not going to make them and now their website has them slated for delivery in Oct 2012?

B&P Slug 12ga. 2 3/4 inch. 1oz 1200 FPS (250 rds per case)

Currently out of stock, expected to receive October 2012. Place your backorder NOW!

Anyone got any news on theB&P slugs? I like many of you got the e-mail saying there were not going to make them and now their website has them slated for delivery in Oct 2012?

B&P Slug 12ga. 2 3/4 inch. 1oz 1200 FPS (250 rds per case)

Currently out of stock, expected to receive October 2012. Place your backorder NOW!

Maybe B&P USA were successful in talking Italy into making another run for them. I know they were trying to. Crossing my fingers.

Hi Jason,

Yes, I did send over the large amount of requests for this shell to B&P Italy, and they have agreed to keep manufacturing them. Although, I do not expect them until the Fall, please let me know how many cases you would like to backorder so that I can ensure you receive them. Thank you.

• 6 years later...