Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

suggestion to trick out GLOCK 34

smsnyder

52 minutes ago, obsessiveshooter said:

Whatever you do, don't pay someone else to work on it.  Youtube is your friend. Sights, trigger, grip tape and spend the rest on ammo.  

As I am starting DROS on my 34 this week. this is my plan exactly in terms of 'upgrades' #1 sights, #2 magwell/basepads (need my advantage for when I'm out of state as I am in CA) #3 Trigger #4 stipple or SC (which I can do myself) the rest of the money i'll be spending on ammo.

I did sights, DK Customs full kit (worth every penny in my opinion), JagerWorks Gen 4 recoil system with a 13# spring, Talon sandpaper grip. 

The biggest differences for me were the trigger and sights. I'd say these 2 are a must if you are are wanting to replace parts on your gun.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here's what I just did for my new G34, it's used for 3gun:

Grip job from ZEV (silicon carbide), magwell, ZEV mag release, 13# ISMI spring w/ tungsten guide rod, TTI sights and a DK custom full kit trigger w/ IDP Flatline trigger 

Here is what I would do to any and all future comp Glocks

dawson or tti sights

tti connector kit

ismi 13 or 15 lb spring and stainless guiderod

standard slide release

grip plug or mag well depending on division

grip tape

this is only around $150 total

I did this minus grip tape and disconnector. My 17 is very similar. They shoot well.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I actually like the Glock rear sight. But I get a steel one from Glock or Midway. They're cheap. I use a factory height Dawson F/O front sight.

Zev connector and springs.

I have one stippled 34, a grit/glue 34 and I shoot my Gen 4, Glock 35 as it came from the factory.

Dry fire and practice are the most important.

7 minutes ago, David.Hylton said:

I actually like the Glock rear sight. But I get a steel one from Glock or Midway. They're cheap. I use a factory height Dawson F/O front sight.

I have one stippled 34, a grit/glue 34 and I shoot my Gen 4, Glock 35 as it came from the factory.

How do you like the grit and glue versus the others?  

9 hours ago, David.Hylton said:

I agree.  I shoot with stock sights with the rears blacked out.  I want to change the front to a FO but if not keep the same rear, find something very similar.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/9/2017 at 9:43 PM, polymerfeelsweirdman said:

How do you like the grit and glue versus the others?  

I like it. It provides a good grip but since it does't cover as much as stippling it is easier to reposition your grip if isn't right. lt also looks better than stippling.

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/6/2012 at 10:36 PM, canuk said:

Why is the 34 considered Glocks 'competition' gun? I see it has a longer bbl, so you get a longer sighting plane.. anything else? Someone above mentioned a different trigger?

There is a 34 topend in the classifieds. it has a cut slide and carver 10 port comp. Maybe he has some info on how it ran?

longer sight radius, 4.5# connector, extended magazine release, extended slide release

1 hour ago, dbagwell said:

34 comes with a 4.5# connector

It's the same thing as the 3.5# connector; Glock just renamed it to 4.5# a few years ago. I just call it the minus connector as they all come with the minus symbol on them.

I just picked up a new 34 yesterday for the upcoming season.  I forgot how bad stock triggers suck.  I dropped my DK in there as fast as I could.  Here's what did to mine:

Dawson Fixed Competition Sights

Zev full length guide rod & 12# recoil spring

DK Trigger kit out of my G17

Grip Plug

Dawson Grip Tape

Dawson Mag Base Pads

2 hours ago, Southpaw said:

It's the same thing as the 3.5# connector; Glock just renamed it to 4.5# a few years ago. I just call it the minus connector as they all come with the minus symbol on them.

I respectfully have to disagree.  A "3.5#" connector, such those offered by Ghost, have different geometry from the Glock "minus" connector which contributes to a lighter pull weight.

25 minutes ago, dbagwell said:

I respectfully have to disagree.  A "3.5#" connector, such those offered by Ghost, have different geometry from the Glock "minus" connector which contributes to a lighter pull weight.

The post you quoted, and that I was responding to, was in reference to what OEM connector comes on the 34. I wasn't referring to any aftermarket connectors in my reply. 

My point was that the OEM 3.5# and 4.5# connectors are really the same thing (both the minus connector) and Glock just changed the name of the part. Of course all aftermarket connectors are different from one another.

2 minutes ago, Southpaw said:

The post you quoted, and that I was responding to, was in reference to what OEM connector comes on the 34. I wasn't referring to any aftermarket connectors in my reply. 

My point was that the OEM 3.5# and 4.5# connectors are really the same thing (both the minus connector) and Glock just changed the name of the part. Of course all aftermarket connectors are different from one another.

I guess I've never heard of an OEM 3.5#...only 4.5# and 5.5#

I'm not saying it doesn't exist...I'm just not familiar with it

Edited by dbagwell

2 minutes ago, dbagwell said:

I guess I've never heard of an OEM 3.5#...only 4.5# and 5.5#

I'm not saying it doesn't exist...I'm just not familiar with it

The OEM minus connector was referred to as a 3.5# connector up until a few years ago, around the time when the Gen 4 came out. Then they started calling it the 4.5# connector.

1 minute ago, Southpaw said:

The OEM minus connector was referred to as a 3.5# connector up until a few years ago, around the time when the Gen 4 came out. Then they started calling it the 4.5# connector.

Thanks for clarifying...I just googled it as well