Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2012 Nationals Waitlist

Rob Boudrie

Hey Chuck!

I am sitting in the airport in Chicago so I figured I would check later.

Getting into Phoenix at 1230 so I am planning on shooting Tuesday Night Steel before heading back down to SV!

Neal in AZ

You are now 10/39!

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was 16 last night on the Open/Limited 10 wait list and went on today to day my $10.00 as it was too busy last night and kept timing out. It now says that I didn't pay the $10.00 in time and have been removed from the wait list, even though we have one business day to pay it? I have my 3 digit confirmation number and have already called USPSA so hopefully it will all work out.

I was 16 last night on the Open/Limited 10 wait list and went on today to day my $10.00 as it was too busy last night and kept timing out. It now says that I didn't pay the $10.00 in time and have been removed from the wait list, even though we have one business day to pay it? I have my 3 digit confirmation number and have already called USPSA so hopefully it will all work out.

Let us know how that turns out. Same thing happened to a friend of mine.

Limited/Production list doesn't seem to be moving yet. I'm still at #11.

:eatdrink:

There were probably no $10 drops ahead of you. The deadline for the return of offered slots is 18 June so we probably won't see much action for a couple weeks...

Later,

Chuck

I started at #214 last year and got down to #37 I think. Wound up getting a slot anyways, but I was prepared to walk on. If you go, they're not gonna turn you away.

If the Open National Champ can be a walk on there is hope for all of us!!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

I'm #2 on the L10 list. I'm already registered for the Production match, I just have to decide if I want to spend a whole week in Vegas. I'd say it's 50/50 at this point.

Yep, and I have a slot for Open in my hands right now, just gotta mail it in!

Let us know how that turns out. Same thing happened to a friend of mine.

Here is what happened, and what we did about it:

- If someone did not pay immediately, the system marked them as having missed the payment timeframe (this happened to 47 waitlist entries). This was a coding error - it was supposed to mark unpaid entries 3 days later, and the timespan was incorrectly calculated in the SQL (unix_timestamp vs. to_days .... ooops).

- Some people did submit a new entry to the waitlist. These people will find their entry has been re-enabled, and is at the same place in line it originally was (the record was not deleted; it just had a flag set)

- Some people signed up again and paid. For example, someone who signed up and was #50, re-signed up because of the error and paid for their second waitlist entry (same match) that was at position #80 would be #80 on the waiting list. These entries were fixed by transferring the payment status from the second waitlist entry to the first one that was erroneously disabled, so these people got the spot they were entitled to based on when they signed up (in this example, the payment on entry #80 was moved to #50 and the duplicate entry #80 removed). Bottom line - waitlist position is determined by the order in which your entry made it to the waitlist, not when you paid.

- This was all done by adjusting flags on records and moving the payment transaction ID's to the proper records - there was NO manual insertion of entries into the list. (there was manual removal of the duplicates created by folks who had problems).

- This may result in a shift of a small number of places for other people, since the "disabled" entries are not counted (and one ahead of you may have been improperly disabled).

rob

ps: Yeah, I know this is boring detail, but the entire concept of this waitlist is based on transparency, so I prefer to avoid vague generalized explainations.

If you search this sub-forum you can find the thread from last year, I think they got past 100 if memory serves. Each year will be different though...

A previous post said he was 160 last year for Open and got in. I'm 192 for Open and keeping my fingers crossed. If not, a 4 hr drive from Southern Ca will be my plan for walking on.

• 2 weeks later...

So if I get on the list now.... I'll probably never get a spot. :mellow: right in my own backyard too. I knew I should have read about Nationals earlier :angry2:

Just walk in on the day of the event. I'm sure they will let you.

In the past (at least 7+ years), I've never known a nationals where you could not just show up, pay the entry and shoot. They have always had spots open and (to my knowledge) never turned anyone away.

!!!!! Really? If that's true... I owe you a beer should we ever meet. :cheers:

I'll buy you a beer if you beat me to the line wink.gif 2009 I was the first one on the walk-in line and got all done ahead of everyone else cheers.gif