Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2012 Nationals Waitlist

Rob Boudrie

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Jared, that was actually the reason for the delay in releasing the wait list slots. Rob was tweaking the system so I could catch the necessary information when you paid for the slot rather than having to wait for US mail turnaround time. Once he tells me the reporting module is done I'll be able to export the latest additions to the database and update the list for equipment surveys and squadding. I expect it to be done within the next week or so at most so keep an eye out for the notice when you're added. It'll be pretty hard to miss as it is a bright yellow message posted to your profile. :)

Thanks,

Kim

I'm #74 on the list now - is there a chance i'll make it or should I just walk-on and hope for the best?

Yes, there is absolutely a chance that you'll make it. I can't guarantee anything, obviously, but chances are very good based on past experience that you would be offered a slot at that number.

Kim

I'm in too for the Limited 10 nationals!

Just paid my registration fee.

By the way could anybody tell me if there will be a vendor area at the nationals and which vendors will be typically be there?

Best regards,

Marijan

I'm in too for the Limited 10 nationals!

Just paid my registration fee.

By the way could anybody tell me if there will be a vendor area at the nationals and which vendors will be typically be there?

Best regards,

Marijan

Not 100% certain but the two times I've been to Nationsls in Vegas, Brazos, Speed Shooter International and STI were there.

I'm sure there were others but that's the ones I remember off the top of my head.

I think Millenium custom guns were there too.

Wow!!! I went from 192 on the Open wait list originally and I'm all the way down to 55 today. She has really cleared a lot of slots and my hopes are high. Looks like I may get to attend my first Nationals. I better get to practicing.

Is the waitlist still alive? Or am I waiting on a dead horse? <_<

Anybody got an idea where the list is at now? I'm late to the party but hoping for the best...

If you check your classification page you can see how far you've moved. You're at 145 now. So basically 144 shooters would have to drop out before you get in off the wait list. I think your odds are pretty low. That said you're if you're in town, you can show up the day of and possibly get a spot. No guarantees, but it's not like you'd be out airfare.

• 2 weeks later...

@Jared, that was actually the reason for the delay in releasing the wait list slots. Rob was tweaking the system so I could catch the necessary information when you paid for the slot rather than having to wait for US mail turnaround time. Once he tells me the reporting module is done I'll be able to export the latest additions to the database and update the list for equipment surveys and squadding. I expect it to be done within the next week or so at most so keep an eye out for the notice when you're added. It'll be pretty hard to miss as it is a bright yellow message posted to your profile. :)

Thanks,

Kim

Still not updated

Those who earned wait list slots are now added to the self squadding list and the equipment survey has been added to personal profiles for completion. You should also receive a confirmation packet in the next week that confirms your details for registration and includes a liability waiver along with other match details.

IT IS VERY, VERY important that you do the following when you receive your packet:

1) Verify information on registration sheet.

2) Notify us of any changes, errors, etc. Email is fine, but notification must be in writing.

3) Sign and date liability waiver.

4) Return waiver IMMEDIATELY to USPSA HQ at: 872 North Hill Blvd, Burlington WA 98233.

You're not officially registered until we get that waiver back so please make sure it gets returned to us ASAP. We need them by the time squadding opens on the 8th of September so you'll be eligible to self-squad without delay.

I don't have any slots to distribute to either match at the moment. As we get some cancellations in advance of the deadline on the 14th of September I'll have more to distribute, I'm sure.

Please email me with any questions: kim@uspsa.org

Thanks!

Kim

• 3 weeks later...

Just released 20 slots to each match today. If you're on the list be sure to check your profile.

Also, don't forget self squadding opens Saturday, September 8th at 9 A.M. PST and the deadline for refunds is September 14th.

Thanks!

Kim

Thank you to the fine folks at the USPSA offices who went out of their way to call me to let me know that they hadn't gotten my waivers for either match as of yesterday (something I realized on finding the envelope at work, and was sweating on trying to get away to the PO for an overnighter). They let me fax in the signed releases. Failing to get them in would have left me in the peculiar situation of signing a fellow shooter onto a squad, as I agreed to help him do AM Saturday, without being able to join him myself.

:cheers::cheers::cheers:

• 2 weeks later...