Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lance Armstrong

diehli

300lbGorilla,

Some say watching cycling is like watching grass grow, but the end of each stage have been very exciting to watch. Can you imange how demoralizing it must have been yesterday when Lance passed Ivan B. Hell, I was cheering in the living room. I called Arnie at work and let him listen to it over the phone! :P

Can you imange how demoralizing it must have been yesterday when Lance passed Ivan B. Hell, I was cheering in the living room. I called Arnie at work and let him listen to it over the phone! :P

You overseas spectators have no respect for us poor italians... :P

There are a couple of "Beyond Category" climbs in Boulder County. I've ridden them a bunch of times...slow, aching grinds in my smallest chainring. It's awe-inspiring to watch Lance ride up the same grade *standing* in his *biggest* chainring.

As I've mentioned before, Lance raced in one of the sprint triathlon championships I did many years back down in the Keys. Although he finished in a different geologic era than I did, he hung around to shake our hands and congratulate us as we crossed the finish line.

He is a reminder that class and grace can co-exist with aerobic capacity and fast-twitch muscles.

Live Strong!

mb

This Lance is incredible, the Force is with him.

Supergrandmaster in style: Merx, Anquetil, Hinault, Indurain...but

Sky,

Maybe Ivan Basso is the man to come, he's still young, there's an Italian tradition with Fausto C., Bontempi, Saronni, Cipo (just for short courses) and others. There's still hope! ;)

Henny

I watched the time trials yesterday - which has been about the only time the race was interesting.

It was plainly obvious just *how* much faster Armstrong is than everyone else in the field. He was never near another cyclist but when they flashed between Lance and the guy ahead of him you could just tell the speed difference visually.

Pretty impressive.