Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New XDM Trainer

PKT1106

Thanks for the link. I just ordered one.

Let is know how it is.

Nice, but I would still rather pay $500 for a .22 version of the real thing.
Does someone make one of those?

Not that I have seen yet.

I'm curious to hear what you think of it as well. I don't know a thing about airsoft pistols. Can you generally change out sights and stuff to make them more like your competition guns? I'd like to put a FO front sight on if I got one.

Edited by coneracer30

Well so far i'm pretty impressed with the airsoft xdm. This is my first airsoft gun so I don't have much else to compare to. I was pleasantly surprised how much it looks and feels like the real xdm. It appears that the front sight could be replaced with another xdm sight but i'm not sure about the rear because I only have my 5.25 to compare it to.

What is the difference between the $88 and the$178 that is on back order?

From what I gather the Marui guns are better quality, the pro Japanese shooters use them.

I'm guessing that an XD airsoft will never be made. What are people's thoughts on using the XDm airsoft as a trainer for the XD Tactical?

Well so far i'm pretty impressed with the airsoft xdm. This is my first airsoft gun so I don't have much else to compare to. I was pleasantly surprised how much it looks and feels like the real xdm. It appears that the front sight could be replaced with another xdm sight but i'm not sure about the rear because I only have my 5.25 to compare it to.

Does it fit in the holster you use for your 5.25?

• 2 weeks later...

The trigger is no where close. At least not to me. It's very light, even when compared to my PRP trigger. It also has tons of over travel. But I bet you could find a way to fix that.

Had mine for a few days now. It seems to be pretty accurate but I can't seem to get it to function properly for more than about 5-6 shots. I've tried to lube everything and haven't been able to fix it. The trigger is also very light.

I still think it will be a good trainer for draw to first shot and transitions. Just need to get it to run properly.

Once I got myself to stop watching the BB's fly and focus on the sights, things got a little better. I would say it's a decent trainer. I went out back and shot it at my steel plates. The BB's hit hard enough to hear them so you can still tell when you hit the plates.

I diagnosed the cause of my issues. Looks like the port at the top of the mag is not sealing with the port in the slide. If I put upward pressure on the mag to seat it higher, the pistol works great. If I pull down on the mag I just hear a poof sound and the slide does not operate. Need to figure out how to either seal that better or keep the mags higher. FWIW, this happens with both a We mag and a Tokyo Marui mag.

Any ideas?