Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Limited 10, or single stack help

Hany

Ok, I DID read the rule book, but I guess Im easily confused, so please help..and be gentle, I cry easy, :rolleyes:

Its been a long time since I have shot anything but local non-USPSA matches...and when I last shot IPSC regularly I shot a regular .45 govt in Limited....So my knowledge is very outdated.

I have a 6 inch single stack .38 super. bushing barrel, S&A magwell, accu-rails.(Thinking of rebarreling it to .40 for major)

Can I Use this in single stack? Or Limited -10? Or neither????

This is my "gamiest gun" so im trying to figure out what division to use it in. Not wanting to shoot open, and dont currenty have a double stack Para, S_I etc.

If not, I have several .45 5 inch govts that I should be able to use in SS...or just go with a G24 or G35 and shoot limited.

Sorry if that dragged on. Im just thinking of getting back in the game, and not sure what part of the pool to jump into.

Thanks.

It does shoot great! 6 inch steel rack at 50 yards are no prob ! BUT can u shoot a 6' in SS, or is it all a function of the box? And are the Accu-rails allowed?

Edited by Hany

Yeah, I'm thinking Limited 10 only because the 6" barrel makes it too long to fit the box for Singlestack. (I don't think Accu-rails are an issue at all.)

9mm/.38 is minor in any divisions other than Open or Revolver. Since it's obviously not a revo, you can shoot major in Open or minor in Limited/Limited 10.

So L10 looks like the division where that gun would be most competitive.

IMO, the problem with 38 Super is the brass. Use the G35 in Production, Limited, Limited 10, and SSP (I think). .40 cal brass is far more available, and less expensive.

Ok, that helps a lot.

So. If I want to shoot the 6 inch super I would shoot it as Limited -10 minor, or rebarrel it to .40 for limited-10 major (I agree about the brass, I have a lot of .40 brass and have access to more)alredy have dies etc....

OR

If I want to shoot SS, I should use one of my 5 inch .45's....I have several to choose from...

Oh, and If I want to go Limited, then go with my G35 or 24....

Did I get all that right?

I realize this all sounds a touch flaky, but Im trying to figure out where to start again, with the gear I have.

Ok, that helps a lot.

So. If I want to shoot the 6 inch super I would shoot it as Limited -10 minor, or rebarrel it to .40 for limited-10 major (I agree about the brass, I have a lot of .40 brass and have access to more)alredy have dies etc....

OR

If I want to shoot SS, I should use one of my 5 inch .45's....I have several to choose from...

Oh, and If I want to go Limited, then go with my G35 or 24....

Did I get all that right?

I realize this all sounds a touch flaky, but Im trying to figure out where to start again, with the gear I have.

Sounds right to me.:cheers:

• 2 weeks later...