Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2012 GA State Championship Match

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I want to thank all that got involved with me again this year.

If it wasn't for the hard work and dedication of all the staff, we couldn't host such a well-received match.

Whereas I end up steering the ship, it is the crew that makes it the great vessel it is.

Stage #8 was possibly the most fun of all 9, Friday a tree fell across the whole ravine, crushing two target stands, we broke it up and cleared it to allow Friday shooters their fun.

Saturday morning we saw 30 min's of torrential rain at 6:00am, and stage #8 was in a run off gully from our sporting clays parking lot, when I got up in there at 6:45am there was 18" of fast flowing water, it modified the footing so dramatically it would have been unsafe, and it never really did dry out enough to run it.

We paid back cash and gave out prizes to that value of $22k this year. So again, I would like to thank all the sponsors, for if not for them, this wouldn't happen. Please if you were/are one of the lucky winners, please make sure you reach out to the sponsor via email, phone call, post on here whatever, thanking them for their support, and remember when you go to spend some of your hard earned shooting dollar, whom to spend it with.

We might be doing it again next year, watch this space for an update on that.

As for stage #4, if you shot Cherokee's monthly match, you would be well versed in long distance and strange standard type stages. We have averaged 90 shooters a match so far this year, 2nd Saturday of every month.

The swinger turned into a PITA, poor KC had to run it several times before it worked.

the guy is like 20 lbs wet. i told him he needed to eat a burger before trying to set the pressure pad again. :cheers:

You should have give him some of your PB&J sammages before he stepped foot on Stage 9. I was busy and I forgot to bum a sammage from you.

As for stage #4, if you shot Cherokee's monthly match, you would be well versed in long distance and strange standard type stages. We have averaged 90 shooters a match so far this year, 2nd Saturday of every month.

It is still a PITA no matter many times you shoot it, practice shooting it, or throwing rocks at it.

Thanks for a great match and thanks for being there for us RO's. I really enjoy helping out. Count me in for next year. (That is if you decide to keep it another year.)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...