Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2012 GA State Championship Match

Okay since I don't see a thread for this already, I'll start one here.

Glock GA State Championship website September 7-8, 2012 at the Cherokee Gun Club in Gainesville, GA. This is the same location as last year for those that remember it. ROs and a few extra slots available on the 7th with everyone else shooting the 8th in a half day format.

This year we are pleased to have Glock back on board as our Match Sponsor again. We are continuing the half day format as we did last year so you shoot the entire match in a half day. To make this happen, we use smaller squads and a ton of RO's so you can stick to shooting and leave the stage resetting to us.

This year will be a Cash Payback match and we will be leveraging technology to help with match registration/sigh-up, squadding, and scoring.

• Under the registration link at the GA State Championship website is a link to our match at Shootandscoreit.com
  • Register for a free account at that site to allow for match registration
  • Payments can be electronically taken at that site to handle your match fees. This supports all of the various fee structures so ROs and Junior shooters can still use this system.
  • Squadding is also online at this website so you can manage your own sqadding after you register.
  • Scoring at the match will use PractiScore software running on handheld tablets. This allows us to update all the scoring in real time and generate results within minutes of the last shot fired! This has been a trememdous time saver at our local matches. We often have the scores in our mailbox before we even get home!

Peter Oliver is taking the lead again as Match Director and has been soliciting stage designs from the clubs in the GA Section. He will no doubt be adding his own brand of quirky outside the box stages to the mix (there is talk of another jungle run or two) so you can look forward to an outstanding challenge. Sponsors are being contacted now, but if you wish to sponsor the match at any of our various levels, there is an email link for the Match Director available from the website.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I also didnt understand the half day format on the link is it shoot half day for 2 days or shoot all 9 stages plus chrono in half a day.

Shoot all 9 plus chrono in a half day. Last year it was pretty nice. Solid quick stages with small squads.

I am pretty bummed that i am going to have to miss this years match, Peter and the gang put together a good match.

I would strongly recommend dropping the "Glock" out of the match name. I know other major matches have imbedded their match sponsor in the match name without any issues (S&W-sponsored events comes to mind), but Glock is an animal in and of it self, and with the huge success that actual glock matches are enjoying, there's going to be a lot of needless confusion (as shown above) with people thinking this is a GSSF state championship.

Dropping thier name out of the match name isn't going to happen.

Everyone will have to get used to the 2012 Glock Georgia State Championships.

Stages will be posted very soon, just vetting them, and hope to post soon.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I could be wrong but typically with cash payback (instead of a prize table) they have plaques/awards also, why have a awards ceremony if no awards...

Awards

This is a Cash Payback match with an awards ceremony following the end of shooting on Saturday afternoon.

It will be cash pay back and I will be ordering personalized trophies after the event and mailing them to the winners, including the cash pay back checks to those that are not at the match for the final scores (approx 7pm.

A quick update, there is limited Saturday PM slots left, about 15 or so Saturday AM slots, 32 Friday AM slots, loads of Friday PM slots, a late fee of $25 will be applied after August 26th, so don't procrastinate.

There are 7 slots left for Saturday. (Squads 22, 23 & 31) Hurry

Please note squad 21, is not available. Please do not sign up expecting that to be available.

Plenty left for Friday.

I wanted to announce that each division winner will receive a gun. (I doubt Revolver will get one, just a nice cash pay back)

Limited, Open, & Production more than likely will see a glock certificate and Lim-10 & Single stack will get a less expensive gun cert, also dependent on participation.

Cash pay back will also be around $3000, which will be split between divisions by % overall in match.

Then also dependent on quantity of competitors in each class as to how far down and how much available.

(12 B class limited shooters = lots of $, 3 Master class Lim-10 competitors = not so much $)