Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My gunsmiths, Warren Moore and Jay Della Bella

thock

Here are my two favorite gunsmiths in the world:

myfavoritegunsmiths.jpg

Warren Moore and Jay Della Bella

Warren does excellent jobs on our revolvers. He's the best Smith and Wesson smith there is.

Jay, who built me an AWESOME open Bianchi gun, is the best 1911 smith there is.

Because of Jay's work, (and his help with my operator malfunction) I had the best Bianchi Cup I've had in the seven years I've been shooting. Thanks, Jay!

Well, I don't have video, nor my revolvers with me, but I do have my semi-auto with me. Pictures won't tell the whole story, of course, but here you go.

Not ONE problem not attributable to user error (ammo too long and not enough crimp).

I had the bottom of this gun built with a different top about 5 years ago by someone else. I had nothing but malfunction after malfunction after malfunction. I asked Jay to put a new top end on it, and boy, I wish I'd done it sooner. He did a wonderful job. No problems at all from day one, unless I had light enough loads to not cycle the slide. (I was using up old reloads.) Jay's my semi-auto gunsmith hero.

IMG_9423.jpg

IMG_9424.jpg

What?!?!? No Prone Pad?!?!? Warren must be slippin' to not have one of those on there for ya'!! :sight: Whatever you did, you came up 24 points from last year, so good on ya'! :cheers:

Alan~^~

What?!?!? No Prone Pad?!?!? Warren must be slippin' to not have one of those on there for ya'!! :sight: Whatever you did, you came up 24 points from last year, so good on ya'! :cheers:

Alan~^~

Thanks, Alan! I missed you! I missed Ruthie, too, and Jeff Rowe, and a bunch of other people.

I'm too damn short for a prone pad. As it is, I need to hold my head up too high going prone. But considering that the only practice I had was the Flagler Cup and what practice I got at the practice range, I think I'm headed in the right direction. Grant's going to help me train, and Warren and I are going to Germany for the Worlds. I'm planning on breaking 1700 there, and maybe 1800 next Bianchi Cup. I just need to practice to get there.

both are 2 of the best stand-up guys at the cup...awsome gunsmiths and awsome guys how can you go wrong!!

Well, I certainly can't go wrong with Warren, my honey. And Jay kept asking both of us how the gun was running. He really wanted to make sure it was running well. Both of them know what they're doing, and care a lot about doing a good job.

Tracy

both are 2 of the best stand-up guys at the cup...awsome gunsmiths and awsome guys how can you go wrong!!

Well, I certainly can't go wrong with Warren, my honey. And Jay kept asking both of us how the gun was running. He really wanted to make sure it was running well. Both of them know what they're doing, and care a lot about doing a good job.

Tracy

Tracy both you guys were so nice it was sure nice meeting you..are you guys going to the cameron cup?

Tracy

Tracy both you guys were so nice it was sure nice meeting you..are you guys going to the cameron cup?

Thanks, it was nice meeting you, too.

Yes, we'll be there. And my goal, this time, is to break 1650. Are you coming to the Pioneer match on Sunday?

Tracy