Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

tumbler media

After about 2 1/2 hours this is the result, I'm pleasantly surprised!

2012-09-06+18.33.13.jpg

With what media was this with? did you add any polish to the media? I'm looking to get some from drill spot but not sure which one to get

This was the result with the 20/40 Corncob from Drillspot/grainger along with dillon case polish, i have a 3hr outlet timer but it didnt run the full 3 hours, to save money i am probly going to go with nufinish as was suggested by many users

i should probably mention that i sonic clean all cases before tumbling removes about 90% of the dirt and caked on stuff, the only reason i have a tumbler is for polishing now and its gonna save me a ton in the long run by not changing as much media as it will not get as dirty and not using as much polish

You could ground the tumbler and do away with the static.

Steve, I would love to hear how to do that. The plug is grounded so I didn't know you could do it again :) I need to know because the dryer sheets are not working that great and that fine corncob media got that was listed here sticks like a magnet to my brass.

Please share, it's driving me nuts, especially seeing I bought a 40 lb bag

Thanks

Drillspot is a great place to get corn cob meal.

This.

I just bought 40 lbs. of 14/20. Shipping documents said it came from Colorado. From the MSDS sheet, it appears it was sourced from a company in west Michigan... 15 minutes from where I work. When I get through this batch in a few years, I might have to see if I can just pick it up locally. ;)

eta: address appears to be a house in a residential neighborhood. Who knows. :huh:

Edited by Garrett

• 3 months later...

i should probably mention that i sonic clean all cases before tumbling removes about 90% of the dirt and caked on stuff, the only reason i have a tumbler is for polishing now and its gonna save me a ton in the long run by not changing as much media as it will not get as dirty and not using as much polish

How are you drying your cases after your clean them in the ultrasonic cleaner?

http://www.drillspot.com/products/521055/econoline_526040g-40_40_lbs_blast_media

I just got a bag of this a few days ago. Im using it for rifle brass at the moment. Price is great, product is great. Finer than normal media bought from Dillon etc. BUT it seems to work better somewhat. It is quieter in the tumbler as well and seperates very well in the basket when in the media seperator. This bag will last me quite a while and its worth it. IMO.

I own a pet store. I get a 50 lb bag of walnut and corn cob for cheap. If you are in the middle of mo or any where near hit me up I'll hook you up.

That stuff is OK for pistol but try it in 223 and the cases will be packed full and you will have to use a pick to get it out of a lot of the cases. I cursed the guy who suggested it but he is a pistol only guy.