Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Paintball information @ BGSL Wilmore, KY

atbarr

A little update.

We will have two 50 ft x 100 ft hyper-ball fields and one 50 ft x 200 ft

Speedball field. The Woodsball area is approximately 4 acres.

The two Paintball courses, at The Blue Grass Sportsmen League, are almost complete. We should have them ready in early June. We will have two Paintball courses, a hyper-ball field, and a Woods course. The hyper-ball field has been graded and grass has been planted and growing well.

We still need more 'free' pallets and plastic 55 gallon drums for the hyper-ball field. If you have some pallets/drums you can spare, please drop them off at either the Bullseye range or the GP range.

The Paintball courses will be open to the public.

Would you like to play but don't have equipment? No problem, we have everything you need to play. As always, BGSL members will get a discount on field fees, paint, and equipment rental.

Check out the BGSL website for further information http://bgslinc.com/ to see when the Paintball courses will be open.

Edited by atbarr

• 1 month later...

Paintball Opens Saturday 7-7-12

OPENING WEEKEND SPECIAL PRICING

BGSL Members get Equipment Rental, Field Fee, all day air and 500 paintballs for $15.00 per player. SAVES $10.00!!

Non members get the same package for $27.00 per player. SAVES $10.00!!

Please check in at the GP Range to play paintball.

Yes, hyperball is old school now. Airball inflatable bunkers became the tournament standard and most 10 man tournaments moved to that. Village/hybrid fields and hyperball fields vanished since airball fields were a lot easier to set up for tournament promoters and field owners. The fields were portable and could be customized a lot easier than moving hyperball. Cleaning was also significantly easier. 10 man died out but all subsequent major tournament formats remained on airball bunkers, and they remain the standard today. I still think hyperball is TONS of fun and would love a field around here that had it.

Hyperball came into being after I started playing. Played it a couple times at SC Village late in my paintball "career", but I guess it has been 15-16 years since I first played paintball.

I consider "old school" a game of Capture the Flag. That's where it all began.