Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
nontactical

Ever had a gun that fit you well just... Not agree with you?

I traded for this beautiful 20ga Rizzini sporting clays gun. When I shoulder it, the beads are lined up perfectly. It feels great in my hands, has a great trigger, etc. Yet somehow I can't hit anything with it. I have now shot three games of clays with it on different days, and I'm shooting a good 10-15 birds below my average with it! It's going to be a shame to get rid of the thing because it's so pretty, but I'm at a loss. Anyone else ever experienced this?

Not with a shotgun, but with a handgun... Sig P229 was a excellent fit for my hands with all the controls at the right place, and the sights always lining up naturally any which way I pointed it. It was a wonderful gun for stand and shoot games like plates, but I couldn't hit the broadside of a barn for run and gun games like USPSA.

Yep, a Ruger Red Label Skeet gun. I really wanted to like that gun, too. It was added to the "guns I used to own" list.

Nothing unusual about that happening, but I know it sucks. It is usually a POI issue, or maybe, like many shooters, you just shoot a light whippy gun like crap.

Edited by JD45

Yeah, I did check the poi, and I was bummed when that wasn't it. It's not the light gun issue, cuz I shoot my little 28ga as well as I do a heavy 12 within about 30 yards. Oh well, s several have said, it will soon be on my guns I once owned list.

Yep, I have this same relationship with my 34. Instead of fight it I am going back to the platform that works with me and not against me.

Yep, I have this same relationship with my 34. Instead of fight it I am going back to the platform that works with me and not against me.

Yeah... It would be so much easier if the gun wasn't so darn pretty. I got kinda depressed today when I was taking the pics to post it online for sale.

Yeah, anything from Glock... With the exception of my G21 curiously enough. I carried a G22 while I was on SWAT and hated it.

I even got some personal attention from TGO while at the SWAT Round-Up to correct my grip on the 22... didn't work. Sorry Rob.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Yeah, anything from Glock... With the exception of my G21 curiously enough. I carried a G22 while I was on SWAT and hated it.

I even got some personal attention from TGO while at the SWAT Round-Up to correct my grip on the 22... didn't work. Sorry Rob.

as soon as i pick up a glock, especially a gen 4, i go "ooh.. that's nice."

then i begin to fall less and less in love with it while i try to... you know... hit things with it. :blush:

as soon as i pick up a glock, especially a gen 4, i go "ooh.. that's nice."

then i begin to fall less and less in love with it while i try to... you know... hit things with it. :blush:

Yep, That's just about how it works for me.

Yes,I can shoot about anything and some guns just don't work for me.

Yes a had a beautiful beretta 692 sporting felt great loved to Gun just could not break a clay with it 

Uh, Gunz, thanks for resurrecting a six year old posting ….

I guess most of the people who responded to this posting are DEAD by now.    :(

Well, you responded and you aren't !!!   😂

10 hours ago, Steve RA said:

Well, you responded and you aren't !!!   😂

It's not light out, yet, Steve.   I'll check in the morning.    🤗

I had a gun I really liked, if that is what you meant. A 2 barrel 32/34 ported cased Browning BT 99, I could not shoot for s#!t.