Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

X-5 back from Gray Guns

Joe L

Can anyone tell me where to find a Standard Bladetech OWB holster, with DOH, for an X-5 All-Around? I'd like to find one in stock - I need it quickly for an upcoming match. Shooters Connection says it is a special order item, and direct from Blade Tech is rather confusing which item to order, and they call it "DOS" where everywhere else I've seen it's "DOH", so I'm not sure I'm ordering the right thing. Thanks!

I ordered a P226 version from Shooters Connection HERE..

http://www.shootersconnectionstore.com/Blade-Tech-DOHSting-Ray-Holster-BLACK-font-colorredRIGHT-HANDfont-P114.aspx

I want the exact same thing for my X5.

Scott

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can anyone tell me where to find a Standard Bladetech OWB holster, with DOH, for an X-5 All-Around? I'd like to find one in stock - I need it quickly for an upcoming match. Shooters Connection says it is a special order item, and direct from Blade Tech is rather confusing which item to order, and they call it "DOS" where everywhere else I've seen it's "DOH", so I'm not sure I'm ordering the right thing. Thanks!

I ordered a P226 version from Shooters Connection HERE..

http://www.shootersconnectionstore.com/Blade-Tech-DOHSting-Ray-Holster-BLACK-font-colorredRIGHT-HANDfont-P114.aspx

I want the exact same thing for my X5.

Scott

Dawson shows the X5 holster and the DOH attatchment in stock.

http://www.dawsonprecision.com/ProductDetail.jsp?LISTID=80000F4D-1302628593

http://www.dawsonprecision.com/ProductDetail.jsp?LISTID=80000919-1222194200

• 2 weeks later...

Gray Guns is running a special right now. I was thinking about sending my X-5 in. For about $500 polish all the surfaces, make some internal modifications to get the DA pull to about 5 LBS and the SA to 2 LBS, Shorten the reset, and install an internal trigger over travel stop. Has anyone done this and if so give me your thoughts. Thanks Jay

Joe, the long-awaited X5/220 extractor fix is finally available, although I am not. I'll be out until around February, recovering from my recent heart attack and upcoming bypass surgery, but you can contact Rick at the GGI Secret Volcano Base for details. I'm sorry this fix took so long to develop and perfect; it's about the most challenging problem we've ever had to tackle, and I have a lot of sympathy for the SIG Sauer people who also struggled with this issue. Thanks for asking! -Bruce

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Staudacher,

Thanks for the video. It appears that the factory extractor won't throw the shell either far enough or quick enough to keep it from hitting the slide while coming out. The GGI one appears to clear the shell cleaner. I have my X-Five at GGI right now. I have been on the fence

about the new extractor. I might have them change it out. What caliber are you shooting in the video?

Jay

Edited by JWeber

Staudacher,

Thanks for the video. It appears that the factory extractor won't throw the shell either far enough or quick enough to keep it from hitting the slide while coming out. The GGI one appears to clear the shell cleaner. I have my X-Five at GGI right now. I have been on the fence

about the new extractor. I might have them change it out. What caliber are you shooting in the video?

Jay

The guns are my two 9mm Allrounds. The black one still has the factory first gen extractor. While it has never failed to extract it has always been very erratic. It extracts better now that Grayguns has tuned it than it ever did before. The silver gun is newer and came with the 2nd generation factory extractor. It stopped extracting altogether so Grayguns transpanted one of their extractors into it. I now have around 700+ rounds through it with the new extractor. Everything from cheap russian junk to Hornady Critical defense it works perfect with everything I have been able to get my hands on.

• 2 months later...

Another great holster option is the Race holster from C.O.M.

http://comholsters.com/themall/

Rick doesn't give a lot of details on his website but his products are very well made. I asked for the production race cut and it supports the weight of the X5 without any modification. I'll post some pics when I get home. Keep in mind the wait is very long but completely worth it.

+1 For rick and his race holster. I have my X5 in one right now. I really could not be happier. Plus Rick is a great guy.