Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

STI 9mm IDPA "Gamer" Gun

MTSCMike

In the true spirit of IDPA ESP Division (The Tinkerer's Dream) I have put the finishing touches on my IDPA ESP "Gamer" Gun! It may not have all the bells and whistles that USPSA would allow but it has EVERY modification allowed in IDPA.

Can't wait to get to the range as soon as my Doc gives me permission...post rotator cuff recovery sucks.

MME_3849.jpg

Looks fantastic and I bet it shoots even better. What magwell is that?

It's an old SV aluminum that has been pretty extensively modified to fit the IDPA box. Probably removed nearly half the metal, filed, sanded and polished to a mirror finish.

MME_3856.jpg

MME_3857.jpg

Looks fantastic and I bet it shoots even better. What magwell is that?

It's an old SV aluminum that has been pretty extensively modified to fit the IDPA box. Probably removed nearly half the metal, filed, sanded and polished to a mirror finish.

MME_3856.jpg

MME_3857.jpg

That is FREAKIN' nice bud..!

haha I've never shot IDPA with a gamer, but I like it! My old club would give you a FTDR just for on that paint set up alone :surprise:

Thanks for all the kind comments. I used to shoot 4 divisions and kept my mods pretty mild except for ESP. Now I shoot only ESP and decided to bling it up. I carry a copy of the rule book in my range bag with the allowed modifications hilighted just in case I run up on a real "Range Nazi". I was actually told I wasn't welcome at a club in Texas (to remain un-named) because I wore a shirt to a match with an STI logo on it :blush: go figure.

I love IDPA but there are some anal you-know-what's in the sport. I make it a point to smile and be unreasonably pleasant while they pout and rant about "gamers and their equipment".

haha I've never shot IDPA with a gamer, but I like it! My old club would give you a FTDR just for on that paint set up alone :surprise:

That's why I stopped shooting IDPA and only shoot USPSA.

That's why I stopped shooting IDPA and only shoot USPSA.

+1

+2.....I'd say +100 if it would make any sense. Just seems to me that IDPA (the people running it, not the sport itself) tends to take the fun out of the game. Lets face it....this is our GAME. Not trying for a thread drift, but thats my take on it.

Very nice blaster, sir. would you mind giving us a general parts breakdown?

Very nice blaster, sir. would you mind giving us a general parts breakdown?

Thanks for the comment...parts include:

STI gunsmith frame with std dustcover

STI gunsmith slide with rear serrations only

Grip with reduction, stippling and paint by Jim Shanahan

SV aluminum magwell modified for IDPA box

KKM .355 match barrel chambered in 9mm para

Ed Brown beavertail, ambi thumb safety, barrel bushing

Wilson Bullet Proof slide stop, barrel link and pin set

Cylinder and Slide fire control group fine tuned to 2.5# pull

Colt 9mm firing pin and extractor

Dawson sights and tuned mags

All fitting and blending done by a local master gunsmith (he prefers to remain unknown to the public)

All non stainless parts hard chromed by Cogan's AP&W