Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Data base error message

Sarge

I just ran a DB rebuild (optimize) tool on all the forum's tables.

So please post if you see a DB error anywere after now. (I have a repair tool I can run, but I don't like to run unless it's absolutely necessary.)

be

Brian, I just had a DB error in the Ohio State match thread.

What kind of info should we post pertaining to said error to assist you?

Just that you saw the DB error is enough.

Anyone else see any DB errors?

Got the following error 12 times within the last 1 hour, when trying to access Revolver, Rules and Multigun Forums.

www.brianenos.com Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.

Usually I will just hit F5, let the page reload and no problems.

Edit: Total forum members online when these incidents happened was between 140 to 175.

Cheers ....

Edited by Kevin Pledger

Thanks for the details.

So you got that error when clicking into on of those forums (not a topic), or when clicking into a topic in one of those forums?

be

Brian,

Got the error when both ways, when clicking on forums and and on topics.

Cheers ....

The one time I saw the DB error, it was in a PM. The error was displayed differently than it had ever been before. In the past when I'd see the error, the only thing that would be displayed on the page was the error message, at the top of the page. But when I saw it in the PM, the entire PM was actually displayed, and the DB error message was at the bottom of that page. Very weird.

So exactly what did you see Mark?

If anyone else sees the DB error, please provide as many details as possible. Such as, the link you clicked when you saw the error, and exactly what you saw on the page.

The one time I saw the DB error, it was in a PM. The error was displayed differently than it had ever been before. In the past when I'd see the error, the only thing that would be displayed on the page was the error message, at the top of the page. But when I saw it in the PM, the entire PM was actually displayed, and the DB error message was at the bottom of that page. Very weird.

So exactly what did you see Mark?

If anyone else sees the DB error, please provide as many details as possible. Such as, the link you clicked when yousaw the error, and exactly what you saw on the page.

post-3006-0-29561100-1337989034_thumb.jp

I saved it, but I wish it was larger.

post-3006-0-29561100-1337989034_thumb.jp

I saved it, but I wish it was larger.

I've seen that two or three times recently.

I don't know the exact threads where I saw it, but I can tell you what I was doing when it happened.

I do a search. Look at the search results and see a bunch of stuff I want to read. I quickly go down the list and press down on the scroll wheel on my mouse (which is the same function as right click, then open in a new tab, using IE by the way). I may do that for six, eight, or ten topics, then go through and read them one at a time. One of the tabs may show that error message. By that time I don't remember which thread it was supposed to be.

Brian,

The screenshots that both ima45dv8 and Youngeyes, posted were the same error messages I was getting last week when I reported the errors.

When you refresh the page you will goto the thread you were trying to access initially.

Edit: Just received the error while trying to access this thread in the Dillon Reloading Forum.

post-11688-0-30562500-1338279460_thumb.j

Cheers ....

Edited by Kevin Pledger

Total Server Solutions checked all DB's on the server to see if there were any corrupt tables. Their reply:

We ran a full server database scan and nothing came up as corrupt, if you can

provide specifics about the error messages you're getting we can give it a

further look.

Regards

--

Sebastián Carrasco

Total Server Solutions

I don't know where else to look. Just for fun... anyone who's seen the DB error AFTER my post #10 (in this thread), please post what web browser you were using.