Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need help with load data for N340: .40 S&W Major and Minor loads

SirLoin

Folks,

Could you please share with me what your N340 Major and Minor loads are for .40 S&W, for 155 and 180 grain plated flat-points?

After reading the N340 posts here at benos, I'm leaning towards making a batch of the following (all with OAL of 1.135):

MAJOR 40: Target powerfactor of 175

With 155 grain Berrys flat-point bullets: 6.8 grains of N340, estimated power factor based on forum posts: 175

With 180 grain Berrys flat-point bullets: 6.0 grains of N340, estimated power factor based on forum posts: 175

MINOR 40: Target powerfactor of 135 (can't find data on these, even in the VV reloading manual/guide)

With 155 grain Berrys flat-point bullets: __ grains of N340?

With 180 grain Berrys flat-point bullets: __ grains of N340?

Gun is a Glock G35.

I'll be chronoing the results of these and a few other combinations (e.g., +/- 3 grains), but would like some starting input for the Minor loads, as well as some validation/comments on the aforementioned Major loads.

Thanks!

I guess N340 isn't that popular a powder...

It is very popular, it is just a rehashed topic. The search function is your friend.

Do not bother with the 155's just go with 180 as they will feel softer then the 155 at the same PF. As for minor why do you need a load data just down load until below 165 and still runs gun. Again do a search.

MDA