Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

22LR Conversion Kit for Glock

MisterC73

Anyone use one of the 22 LR Conversion Kits on your Glock. Reading about the Advantage Arms version, and it looks like it has pretty good reviews in general, with a few folks having issues with certain ammo. As I own the Sig Mosquito, I fully understand the ammo preference some guns have. Any mileage reports on this conversion kit?

As always thanks in advance,

Ian

im totally loving my Tac-Sol TSG22. eats CCI's like candy and 2000 rounds through still works like a champ. The mags are holding up as well. lol, wish i could figure out a way to get a comp on it. My son would love to run it on my Open upper in Steel. Cheap training, and tons of cheap fun!

I have a AA one for my G17. I like it but don't have a ton of rounds through it.

It has been finicky with ammo as most of these conversion are regardless of platform. It does like the hotter stuff.

I have an AA I use with my Gen 4 Glock 34 that I have more than 3,000 rounds through that has been flawless with Remington Golden Bullet 36gr. I tried some more expensive 40 gr. stuff but it would constantly jam so I stick with Remington's and it works fantastically. I bought it expecting it to be much less accurate than it is. My only complaint is the ten round mags go faster than you'd expect.

CM

One drawback to .22 ammo is it is dirty. You should clean the gun after each use. Kind of a drawback for folks used to shooting Glocks. That was my experience, anyway. Now that I shoot Open, I am more used to cleaning my Open .22 along with my Open STI.

I have the AA that I use on a GEN 3 34. It seems to work better after taking the sharp edges off the stamped steel piece that the barrel links with, or it's just broken in. The one problem I have is that I use an over travel stop and have to back it out 1 1/2 turns to get the AA striker to release. Thinking about getting a dedicated G17 for the AA conversion.

David E.

I've got one for my glock 21, have about 7 remington bulk boxes through it, mags are a little tough to find sometimes (check gunbroker), it runs rough when it gets dirty, so great for malfunction drills (ftf, fte). With the slide being aluminum it actually has recoil, though not as much as a .45. Everyone I've lent it to at the range loves it.

Cheers,

Jeremy

I've had an AA LE top end that I've used regularly for a few years now. It must have about 50K rounds through it so far.

I got a second barrel, thinking that I'd peened the top where the pin strikes the cartridge rim, but it turned out to be fine. No appreciable difference in accuracy new vs old. I did replace the springs for my five magazines.

The gun does get dirty, but runs pretty well regardless. When the slide gets really gritty and doesn't go into battery, I will give it a real thorough cleaning with picks, scrapers and brake cleaner. Happens about once a year.

I'd definitely get another AA top end, though their availability has been spotty. I'd definitely get extra mags.

Edited by kevin c

I have two of the Glock top ends and they work great. Like Kevin, one of mine has 10's of thousands of rounds with no issues. I just ordered a 1911 top end a couple weeks ago and was told it just shipped out. Hopefully it works equally as well.

I should have mentioned that I shoot MiniMags and Rem Golden Bullets through mine. I'd gone to the CCI stuff when I started getting annoyed with the duds in the Remingtons. I went back when I got duds also with the MiniMags, which are more than twice the price. The MM's also have some sort of wax coating on them that eventually slicks up the mag followers and causes feeding jams. That doesn't happen with the GB's.

They're both kinda dirty - my hands are often sooty after a session of 300 or 400 rounds. The GB's will, with the wind just right, sprinkle me with unburned powder.

Edited by kevin c

• 1 month later...

im totally loving my Tac-Sol TSG22. eats CCI's like candy and 2000 rounds through still works like a champ. The mags are holding up as well. lol, wish i could figure out a way to get a comp on it. My son would love to run it on my Open upper in Steel. Cheap training, and tons of cheap fun!

With the TacSol, can you change out the sights? Are they the standard size of a Glock?

Steve

With the TacSol, can you change out the sights? Are they the standard size of a Glock?

Steve

You can change the sights on the TacSol, same sights for Glocks. Comes with what looks like the OEM Glock plastic sights. My Tac Sol is very picky with ammo. Seems to work best with CCI 40gr standard velocity, not so much with Federal 40gr standard velocity, but got surprisingly good results with the Federal 36gr copper plated HP. Good advice on keeping it clean.

Another vote for AA conversion. Use only MiniMags or Rem Golden Bullets. I start to get some failures after about 300 rounds so keep it clean. I replaced the the sights with Sevigney competition sights so its the same as my competition Glocks. Extremely accurate and great for practicing movement drills where sight picture is most important.

I have an AA kit I picked up few weeks ago. So far I have 400 rounds through it, 200 CCI Mini Mags and 200 Remington Golden Bullets. I've had two malfunctions, but I also haven't cleaned it yet, so I guess I can't complain. I'm happy with it as a cheap way of training.

Steve

You can change the sights on the TacSol, same sights for Glocks. Comes with what looks like the OEM Glock plastic sights. My Tac Sol is very picky with ammo. Seems to work best with CCI 40gr standard velocity, not so much with Federal 40gr standard velocity, but got surprisingly good results with the Federal 36gr copper plated HP. Good advice on keeping it clean.

Thank you for the intel, I appreciate it!

Steve

Have the AA LE with about 1,000 rounds through it. I use CCI MiniMags exclusively, as I have never had a function issue with these, but anything else (including the Remington GB) I have literally had at least one failure in every single magazine. It seems to run with if you keep it clean and a liberal amount of mil-comm TW25B on the places where the barrel contacts another part.

Decent groups, but it shoots about 3" high even with the sight bottomed out. Oh well. Still is another good training investment.