Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

NEW XL650 owner

Hello everyone, I am the new owner of a Dillon XL 650, with casefeeder, strongmount, aluminum handle, etc., setup for 45 ACP, delivered Thursday!!! I downloaded and read the manual before it arrived, and have been pouring over the forums as well.

I haven't loaded anything yet, I am a setting it up making sure it is working right. I am trying to do a "dry run" and I am having problems with the cases not being dropped through the case feed body bushing, AND not making it to casefeed arm bushing. If the casefeed arm moved 1/16th of an inch more at both "ends" of travel, there would be no issues. I don't see anyhthing blocking the travel, but if I pull the arm just a tad towards the Casefeed Arm Stop Pin, the cses drop in.

Again it is brand new and appears to be lubricated... So I am at a loss...

Any ideas?

Thanks!

• 4 months later...

Same problem here. I figured out the triangle myself yesterday and moved it forward, but still it only drops .223 about 60% of the time. It has the most trouble when the tube is full of brass. Maybe the spring that rotates the silver piece is too stiff and needs some wear to give a little? Don't know. Any advice would be appreciated.

P.S. It's a brand new XL650. Probably should have mentioned that.

Edited by sanskara

Same problem here. I figured out the triangle myself yesterday and moved it forward, but still it only drops .223 about 60% of the time. It has the most trouble when the tube is full of brass. Maybe the spring that rotates the silver piece is too stiff and needs some wear to give a little? Don't know. Any advice would be appreciated.

P.S. It's a brand new XL650. Probably should have mentioned that.

Take this with a grain of salt, as I am a new 650 owner too. But if I recall correctly I read that you have to turn that piece around for .223. Check your owners manual.

Yes it has a pistol and a rifle side. Paul great picture and spot on tips.

I'll add to not tighten that allen screw too much as it will pull the coil right out and nothing will feed right. Trust me on this....blush.gif

+1.. I have a brand new dillon as well. After 1000 rounds, I noticed the shells were hanging up as well. Do what this guy said and you will be good to go. I actually have mine to set to where it pushes the "silver little piece" that the shells fall through a little bit past the hole so I know there are no hiccups. Since then all my shells have dropped with out a problem.

IMAG0684.jpg

losen the allen screw and move the triangle piece towards the press.