Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

JP LRP-07 opinions / reviews wanted

mrwhite1

Actually, I have had tremendous success with SMK 155gr bullets. Sort of bits a sweet spot in terms of velocity, accuracy and operating pressures. After finishing my 125gr build up, I'm planning to run some 135gr SMK and some Nosler 155gr custom competitions to see if I get similar results. Unfortunate, the holidays, the buying frenzy and my own Attempts to lock down some more 308 mags has bad me a bit distracted.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The only reason I was considering maybe a 260 was possibly loading up some light bullets so I could use the gun as a varmint rifle... I'm not sure if the twist is setup to handle the lighter bullets though... I appreciate the input

I have an LRP-07 and for use as a varmint rifle.... the 110 vmax 308 is very flat shooting (260 and Credmor are better), accurate and extremely low recoil. It is my 3Gun load. 110 vmax under 49 grains of H335 is good for about 3000 fps out of my 18". I get ~ .5-.65 MOA from that load. Nothing but good things to say about the gun and JP in general!

• 4 weeks later...

150 class bullet would be a good selection for 308 gasser. flat and fast you'll take a little hit on wind at distance,but keeping the bulk of your targets inside 500 you should be all smiles. i know some fellas that run the lrp-07's very very well at the precision rifle comps i go to. they are great rifles and jp really goes above and beyond in support of the sports we love so much.

I have had my LRP-07 for a few months now and it is by far the best rifle I have ever owned or shot, and this is saying a lot because I have shot GAP-10, Larue OBR, Armalite ar-10, LMT MWS and my LRP-07. The quality in this rifle is something that has to be seen, it is just beautiful. As I said before and will say again, if I had to choose between my wife and my JP, the wife has to go.

• 2 months later...

I am using a custom made brake. It's on the rifle in the photo and I'm sure that if you dig around enough you will be able to figure out who made it for me. I'm still planning to have a run of them made to my specs, but funds have been too tight to bring any to my fello 308 gunners due a democrat induced buying frenzy on guns and mags. I'll have something this year. Just gotta get a few things purchased first... like primers and 308 pmags. I can tell you that on the short courses I was able to throw hammers just as fast as the wee men.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So I'm curious what you folks use to clean your LRP07s? Is there one go to bore guide or kit for this semi-auto platform? I was looking at the JP one but 45$ seems steep. Let me know what you folks use.

So I'm curious what you folks use to clean your LRP07s? Is there one go to bore guide or kit for this semi-auto platform? I was looking at the JP one but 45$ seems steep. Let me know what you folks use.

cheapaskate GI! you live in Calaprunia, which ain't cheap; ;you shoot a JP which ain't cheap! why you go cheap now? JP knows what they are doing. go with their product; they must have a reason for building the one they sell.

:cheers:

cheapaskate GI! you live in Calaprunia, which ain't cheap; ;you shoot a JP which ain't cheap! why you go cheap now? JP knows what they are doing. go with their product; they must have a reason for building the one they sell.

:cheers:

Fair enough. I'll use the opticsplanet discount to get it.

• 4 weeks later...

I finally had my first hard failure in my LRP-07. Broken extractor. Dropped in a new part and spring and she's good as new. The original lasted 3k rounds. I called JP and they informed me that they have new prototype extractor being field tested. So they even have an answer for the one weakness of the LR-308 platform. I love JP. They can have all my rifle business.

Edited by co-exprs

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I finally had my first hard failure in my LRP-07. Broken extractor. Dropped in a new part and spring and she's good as new. The original lasted 3k rounds. I called JP and they informed me that they have new prototype extractor being field tested. So they even have an answer for the one weakness of the LR-308 platform. I love JP. They can have all my rifle business.

I bought a new LRP-07 and had lots of jams and stovepipes even though I was using high end factory ammo. Tried adjustments to the gas block, but just a temporary fix. JP send me one of the new extractors to beta test. Worked flawlessly. Very happy with the rifle and with JP customer service.