Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

.308 Pmag Extensions

Geeze, Jesse. Make some! :roflol:

Sheeet!!'. I don't even have time to make ammo these days. Id rather pay a good machinist to make an adapter for my firebird PMag coupler.

Is it legal to make and use an extension in most matches?

Edited by Jesse Tischauser

I was going to keep these a secert till I made it to the next match.

I made these extensions for two of my mags. The mags are the same length as a 223 Magpul with Nordic extension. That is the correct height for me to monopod. Used Arredondo base pad on the bottom so nobody can complain about the foot print of the magazine. Made hole in the bottom of Arredondo base cover to reach up to be able to disassemble magazine.

Black Dog stickers for dress up.

Base pads milled out of tactical 2x4 with 3.5" screws attaching to Magpul base pad. :cheers:

post-18971-0-83703700-1336064672_thumb.j

Edited by Bearcave

Sheeet!!'. I don't even have time to make ammo these days. Id rather pay a good machinist to make an adapter for my firebird PMag coupler.

I asked several people/HM'ers about it before I made mine. As long as the magazine don't hold over 20 rds and the foot print isn't double wide( coupled mags on the ground ). You're good to go is my understanding.

Jesse,

Ya might try just poddin off the naked Pmag, I have been doing that for quite a while and it works. Feels wierd at first thou, cause you aren't really convinced you can get that low, but you can.

And lower is less wobbly.

JJ

Edited by RiggerJJ

I believe you can run coupled mags but have in some other posts about problems. JJ or one of the other HM shooters used them and said the rounds shift forward in recoil in standby magazine. Can't reload because with standby because rounds sticking out the front of magazine.

Test run your mags coupled and make sure the top round stays put.

Coupled mags ok as long as second don't touch ground a same time is my understanding.

Not producing these yet, but will let you know if I do.

Have fun a CMMG, can't make it this year.

I don't think the length is a problem, but, most He Man/ Heavy Metal divisions limit mag capacity to 20 rounds. :roflol:

Jesse,

Ya might try just poddin off the naked Pmag, I have been doing that for quite a while and it works. Feels wierd at first thou, cause you aren't really convinced you can get that low, but you can.

And lower is less wobbly.

JJ

I bet your right. I said the same thing about 30 rounders coming off my 40's. The sniper guys use those shorty bipods and I was like damn how do you get your face that low. I guess I'll man up! Or should I say man down?

Edited by Jesse Tischauser

I was going to keep these a secert till I made it to the next match.

I made these extensions for two of my mags. The mags are the same length as a 223 Magpul with Nordic extension. That is the correct height for me to monopod. Used Arredondo base pad on the bottom so nobody can complain about the foot print of the magazine. Made hole in the bottom of Arredondo base cover to reach up to be able to disassemble magazine.

Black Dog stickers for dress up.

Base pads milled out of tactical 2x4 with 3.5" screws attaching to Magpul base pad. :cheers:

Holy cow Barry!!

You didn't even tell me about that!!!

I'll call you in the morning.....I have one trick or two up my sleeve about that set up you have there. Maybe help you with a recoil problem and extension slide. :rolleyes: Not that I've ever come up with anything similar to that in the past.

Tim