Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

85 combat or 75b?

cpa5oh

I'm not going to be able to afford a Shadow anytime soon, and I want a steel option to my polymer Glock 34 - so am I better off with the 85 combat or 75b for USPSA action pistol? The idea is for me to eventually put a fiber optic front site on it and get the trigger worked on, and then just have fun with it as I learn the game of action pistol.

Anybody able to make a recommendation? Seems like I can order the 85 combat immediately...regular 75b (without the decocker, which as I understand it is no good for my purposes) may take a while (can't find it anywhere online.)

Thank you,

Dan

I would take the 85 C over the 75 B. The 85 won't have the firing pin block the 75 will. Better actual trigger on the 85 C as well. Better sights on the 85 also, but I would change those out anyway.

Edited by tobin

the 85C will trick out a little better than a 75B, but I would get whatever you can find available.

we have had some 85Combats come through the shop, but they are gone within a day.

85 Combat it is! Sounds cooler, too.

Any issues with getting one in satin nickel for action pistol matches? Figure there is no issue with that since I see alot of 1911's in stainless...just don't think I've seen anyone in production with anything but a black gun (almost all Glocks...only been to two matches so far.)

Just did some checking-looks like the 85C's are kind of scarce right now and hard to come by. Sure Stuart can probably find you one although it may take longer than you'd like. Also check with CZ Custom and see what they can do for you.

Ordered one last night...place I ordered from said they had two in stock, which is what prompted the post (I had been checking online dealers for a while and hadn't seen many 85C's or 75B's.) Hopefully I'll have it within a week.

Thanks for the replies!

Dan

Isn't the 85c on a short dust cover frame, a la 75b? Weight would be another difference.

Edit: oops you said 75 Shadow T. So nevermind the frame or weight. Are all Shadow models machined for a higher grip? Under the tail and trigger guard? Or only SP01??

Edited by DoubleL

Hmmm. This has me wondering... The 85 C is about half the cost of say the 75 Shadow T. What does the Shadow have that the 85 C doesn't other than the comp hammer, ext FP and springs???

Shadow T is very much a custom gun - Shadow SP-01 slide riding on 75SA frame (all matching serial ##s), plus a few other goodies. Labour is not free, ya no?

The guns are basically very close in features.

the 85C offers from the factory..adjustable rear sight, no fpb, trigger with overtravel stop, ambi slide release, ambi safety, switchable mag release.

The 75 Shadow offers a high visibility rear sight, FO front sight, upswept beavertail, switchable mag release, ambi ext. safeties, full profile slide with front cocking serrations, CZC comp hammer. Both guns share a lot of parts so getting them setup with similar features and triggers is very doable. the biggest difference is the frame beavertails.

Also there are two levels of 75 Shadow T guns. one under the factory gun listing and one under the custom gun listing.

Edited by eerw

Eerw, which hammer comes on the CzCustom SP01 Shadow?? I've seen a few different hammer profiles here and am unsure which is which. What about springs in it? Different #'s for the CzC version??

Eerw, which hammer comes on the CzCustom SP01 Shadow?? I've seen a few different hammer profiles here and am unsure which is which. What about springs in it? Different #'s for the CzC version??

IIRC the CZC 75 Shadows come with 13# mainsprings, 11# recoil springs.

CZC competition hammer comes on the custom shop guns, there have been a couple of different profiles of the comp hammer.

Edited by eerw